Dirk Rösler
27-Nov-2008, 23:45
Or is the UK in massive inflation now?

brighamr
27-Nov-2008, 23:56
Hi Dirk

I'm not sure where they are
but they seem to of bought all of polaroids stock of all types of film
Shame they don't have any 10x8 at £1000 a box !

robin

Geert
28-Nov-2008, 01:42
I was waiting for them to open again. They were formerly know as unsaleable.com - a company based in Austria. They partner(ed) with http://www.polanoid.net/

I bought some type59 from them a few months ago, with a more recent expiry date and more interesting price :-)

G

jb7
28-Nov-2008, 02:55
It might seem a lot, well it actually is a lot,
but it's only €5 more per box than it was in Ireland when it was in production-

j

Ash
28-Nov-2008, 03:19
I can definitely see why they put "premium" in the shop name!!

I'll stick with Fuji, I can just about afford their prices!

Frank Petronio
28-Nov-2008, 05:41
Considering SX70 film has been selling for up to $100 a box on eBay, the prices are not so bad.

I wondering if as the inventory declines the price will increase? Wonder what the last box of Pola 55 goes for? And at what point do you not open the box because it is too valuable?

jnantz
28-Nov-2008, 07:21
Considering SX70 film has been selling for up to $100 a box on eBay, the prices are not so bad.

I wondering if as the inventory declines the price will increase? Wonder what the last box of Pola 55 goes for? And at what point do you not open the box because it is too valuable?

frank,

i am sitting on a few unopened boxes i plan on selling in a few years,
together with boxes of OLD tri x, OLD tmy 400, azo, and OLDE forte.

just hope the cosmic rays don't get them first!

Donald Miller
28-Nov-2008, 09:23
frank,

i am sitting on a few unopened boxes i plan on selling in a few years,
together with boxes of OLD tri x, OLD tmy 400, azo, and OLDE forte.

just hope the cosmic rays don't get them first!

So that is how you fund your excursions...the truth becomes apparent at last:eek: :eek:
John you will forevermore be known as Trader John...the film hedge fund genius:eek: :eek:

Frank Petronio
28-Nov-2008, 09:24
We could trade shares, future options, sell short, etc. The strategy to boost the market would be to promote the use and rarity of Polaroid, show people beautiful work done in the past, and create bidding wars for private sales of Polaroid materials to increase the average price. Create an evil Polaroid Cartel (And then... we could take over the world!)

I haven't used it in 18 years but loss of having the option to capture the special tonality with that Type 55 film is a sad event all the same.

arkady n.
28-Nov-2008, 09:29
Frank, are you secretly Ed Burtynsky?

Pete Watkins
28-Nov-2008, 10:31
Nice to know that Dick Turpin ain't dead. He's sold the horse and started selling film!
Pete.

icefan13
28-Nov-2008, 17:47
$129 is actually a bargain (currently). I recently had to sell some of my stockpile, and sold it for more than that. It is regularly selling for near $200 a box on eBay. If I had the cash, I'd stock up at $129 a box, because I don't see this beautiful film coming our way again.

Sad.

Jan Pedersen
4-Dec-2008, 18:13
It may be a hoax. I purchased a box of 55 last weekend and have now 3 times requested a tracking number without getting any reply. The company claim to deliver UPS within two business days to insure freshness of thir products.

jan

Jim Galli
4-Dec-2008, 18:32
God I love capitalism :D:D

Jan Pedersen
4-Dec-2008, 20:16
Yeah it's great :( :(

Good that you got your $$ back again Jim :)

Jan Pedersen
5-Dec-2008, 10:38
Need to retract my Hoax statement. Finally received a tracking number today with a scheduled delivery also today.
Polapremium does seem to deliver on the promise of two business days shipping.

jan

mrladewig
5-Dec-2008, 12:31
I haven't used it in 18 years but loss of having the option to capture the special tonality with that Type 55 film is a sad event all the same.

Frank,

Are those shots from Marble, CO by chance?

Mel-

Frank Petronio
5-Dec-2008, 18:34
Barre, Vermont aka Italy amongst the Yankees....