PDA

View Full Version : SilverFast Settings

sanking
12-Nov-2008, 09:21
Can someone tell me how to set and save some of the general and optional settings in Silverfast. I have seen the answer to my question here before but could not find the thread in a search of the forum.

Sandy King

Tyler Boley
13-Nov-2008, 11:34
Sandy, I see no one has replied. I use Silverfast and would be happy to help, but am not sure what you are after. The optional settings I use most seem to stick, so I haven't looked for how to save them, and general seem to be per scan. I have noticed that color management settings seem to stick and change as they should depending on general settings... for example, my cm and gamma settings for reflective are different than those for transmissive, and those option settings do seem to change as they should depending on which kind of scan selected in general... so they are linked. Aperture, and color channel for B&W, option settings, seem to be independent and are set on a per scan basis no matter what else in going on in general, but they also seem to stick when coming back to them..
Not sure if I can hep, but maybe I can if I know more of what you are trying to do.
Tyler

sanking
13-Nov-2008, 14:57
Tyler,

What I am trying to do is find a way to save certain setting so that they come up again the next time I start SilverFast. For example, for the scanner I am using there is a setting in Silverfast for format (6X7 cm, 6X9 cm, etc.) and for whether the negative is a positive or negative. Regardless of which one I use the software opens the next time to default values, and the default values are not the ones that were there the first time I used the software. Rather, at some point in the past I did something that saved the current values which replaced the ones that were there the first time I used the software. Yet try as I may I have not found a way to save new values??? Hope this makes sense.

Sandy

Sandy, I see no one has replied. I use Silverfast and would be happy to help, but am not sure what you are after. The optional settings I use most seem to stick, so I haven't looked for how to save them, and general seem to be per scan. I have noticed that color management settings seem to stick and change as they should depending on general settings... for example, my cm and gamma settings for reflective are different than those for transmissive, and those option settings do seem to change as they should depending on which kind of scan selected in general... so they are linked. Aperture, and color channel for B&W, option settings, seem to be independent and are set on a per scan basis no matter what else in going on in general, but they also seem to stick when coming back to them..
Not sure if I can hep, but maybe I can if I know more of what you are trying to do.
Tyler

Tyler Boley
13-Nov-2008, 15:39
Got it, the behavior you are experiencing is different than mine. Here, it always comes up as it was last used, even including the preview image from the last pre-scan.
I can't find a setting that may be relevant. There is however, the job manager, which I never use and remains a mystery...
Wish I could help,
Tyler

JimL
14-Nov-2008, 14:38
On the main dialog there's a dropdown called "Setting". If you click on this and then choose "Save" you can save and name your current settings. This will save all parameters including film type in Negafix...
Jim