View Full Version : Folmer/Graflex 4x5 plate holders

10-Nov-2008, 14:18
I was lucky enough to find some used wooden Folmer/Graflex 4x5 Plate holders. I am assuming they were meant for dry plates, but was wondering if they can be adapted for use with wet plate collodion, or used just as they are for use with the process. It will save me having to go to half or full plate and the necesary camera and lens upgrades that go with it, and I would rather 4x5 than quarter plate.... Long term intent, and I reiterate long term, is to be able to do tintypes and ultimately ambrotypes that can be enlarged. Keeping all my existing gear in both cameras, lenses, and darkroom departments, will greatly assist in how quickly I can get started.