PDA

View Full Version : L 1200 Question

pergorm
8-Nov-2008, 15:32
Hi guys!!

I just bought a used L1200 with the VLS 501 head, and i am looking very much forward to begin using this thing in my darkroom. It will be replacing a M805 and a L138as i do max. 4x5" - so this means more space for me (and the rest of the family!!).

However i have a question for you guys; There is some sort of a "mask" or something in this thing just below the negative carrier.... It can be pulled out, is flat and measures about 4x5" (maby a little smaller) Can anyone tell me when to use it and when not to use it????. The manual does not say anything about this. Any information will be appreciated. I tried to post a picture but failed..........

Thanks
Per

Renato Tonelli
8-Nov-2008, 16:08
As far as I know it is for light-baffling. I pulled mine out and had a machinist make another one but with a slightly bigger opening to allow printing 6x12 negs. Oddly enough, the baffle i came too close to cutting into the image area of the negative, just enough to bother me. I would have to reposition the negative in the carrier several times before getting it right. Now all is well again in darkroom land...