PDA

View Full Version : LF Midwest Outing Nov

rcjtapio
7-Nov-2008, 16:43
The Midwest Large Format Asylum (MWLFA) will hold its November 2008 outing on the 15th & 16th in Monticello and Rantoul, Illinois.

We will meet at the Red Wheel Restaurant at 6:30 am on Saturday for an early shoot and back at 8:00 for breakfast.

We then have made arrangements to shoot at the historical Railway Museum in Monticello, IL. There are plenty of old & refurbished RR cars & engines including a steam engine being rebuilt in their shop.

Saturday afternoon may be spent in Allerton Park.

Sunday we will shoot at the abandoned Rantoul Airforce Base in Rantoul, IL. There are plenty of old structures plus an active aircraft museum of vintage airplanes.

Also I want to remind everybody of our portfolio review is to be held on January 10th, 2009 at Starved Rock State Park in Illinois. It is free & everybody is welcome. Last year we viewed 17 portfolios!

More details of our outings can be found at www.midwestlargeformat.com

Charles Hohenstein
9-Nov-2008, 07:15
I'm from central Illinois, so that's home turf for me. Have fun!

rcjtapio
9-Nov-2008, 20:31
We would love to have you join us! This will be our third trip back to the museum so we must keep finding something of interest to shoot. The RR museum is closed to the public for the season, so there won't be too many people bugging us.

Rick

erie patsellis
11-Nov-2008, 20:39
Finally! One close enough...Barring major vehicle issues, I'll be there Rick.