PDA

View Full Version : LF in National Geographic

aduncanson
26-Oct-2008, 15:39
The November National Geographic came into the house yesterday and I noticed contacts of LF portraits (on Fuji PRO160S) by Robb Kendrick in the article about the Tarahumara people of the Sierra Madre Occidental mountains of Mexico. Several of the portraits were vignetted by a ringlight mounted on the lens.

The use of LF in National Geographic could be common, as little attention as I give the magazine, but I thought it was interesting.

- Alan

Donald Miller
26-Oct-2008, 16:04
The November National Geographic came into the house yesterday and I noticed contacts of LF portraits (on Fuji PRO160S) by Robb Kendrick in the article about the Tarahumara people of the Sierra Madre Occidental mountains of Mexico. Several of the portraits were vignetted by a ringlight mounted on the lens.

The use of LF in National Geographic could be common, as little attention as I give the magazine, but I thought it was interesting.

- Alan

Thanks I will need to watch for this latest issue. It hasn't hit the newstands here yet.

vinny
26-Oct-2008, 16:08
It's not common. I was going to post something about this but you beat me to it. Interesting choice of the ring flash, I thought. I was just suprised to see NPS in 4x5! Great issue all together. That feature on the crystal caves in Mexico is amazing.