PDA

View Full Version : Darkroom Sink For Halloween

John Cooley
26-Oct-2008, 14:10
While on e-Bay, I ran across the perfect Halloween gift for the darkroom -- an autopsy table. Large, stainless steel . . . and I assume it is liquid (blood)-tight. Of course, given the table's history, I would be scared to turn off the lights . . . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-of-2-Autopsy-Table-Stainless-Steel-w-Castors_W0QQitemZ350114151756QQihZ022QQcategoryZ11821QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

(I have no connection to the table, I just thought it was practical yet goulish.)

Michael Graves
26-Oct-2008, 14:12
I'll have to see if my wife or ghoulfriend would be willing to pick that up for me.

Ash
26-Oct-2008, 14:36
Spooky

rob cruickshank
26-Oct-2008, 15:41
Anyone want to bob for "apples"?
I used to work in a TV station where we had one of those scissor-folding stands that undertakers use to move coffins. We used it to move large pieces of equipment, like videotape recorders. (back when they were large). Nobody would admit to knowing exactly how we came to possess this thing, but it was very handy.

Tony Lakin
26-Oct-2008, 16:06
You could have a 'stiff' drink before using it:D :D :D

eddie
26-Oct-2008, 16:25
great idea! i may have to get some....

Steven Barall
26-Oct-2008, 17:36
A very dark room indeed. All you need now is a six and a half foot long, 36 inch diameter Jobo tube.

Turner Reich
26-Oct-2008, 17:45
San Mateo? Wasn't that were Bullet, Steve McQueen went and found the dead girl who was strangled with wire?

You could put a nice mattress on one and sleep in the darkroom! :eek:

"There coming to get you Barbara"

dsphotog
26-Oct-2008, 17:54
They are 80 inches long.......
thats 6.66 feet....Coincidence? Maybe.

D. Bryant
26-Oct-2008, 20:17
While on e-Bay, I ran across the perfect Halloween gift for the darkroom -- an autopsy table. Large, stainless steel . . . and I assume it is liquid (blood)-tight. Of course, given the table's history, I would be scared to turn off the lights . . . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-of-2-Autopsy-Table-Stainless-Steel-w-Castors_W0QQitemZ350114151756QQihZ022QQcategoryZ11821QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

(I have no connection to the table, I just thought it was practical yet goulish.)
A friend of mine had two of these types of autopsy tables in his darkroom. They really worked great.

Don Bryant

Gary Beasley
28-Oct-2008, 13:49
I have one, a pretty good table despite the fact the stainless tends to rust if not cleaned up good. I had to totally replumb it to make it useable. It came with a metal block for a head rest, no idea where that went.

Daniel Grenier
28-Oct-2008, 14:24
Nice! And your autopsy in your own darkroom when you croak.

SAShruby
31-Oct-2008, 16:27
They are 80 inches long.......
thats 6.66 feet....Coincidence? Maybe.

That is so creepy.

dsphotog
31-Oct-2008, 19:42
So....Did one of us win the auction?
Didn't need 2....I would have liked 1 of them, but, I didn't bid.
David Silva
Modesto, Ca

Frank Petronio
31-Oct-2008, 22:07
So my friend in Rochester has his studio in the refurbished city morgue. He actually has formaldehyde jars of "parts" that he found....

D. Bryant
1-Nov-2008, 07:16
So my friend in Rochester has his studio in the refurbished city morgue. He actually has formaldehyde jars of "parts" that he found....
I would advise your friend to avoid using the brain labeled "Abie-Normal" ....

Don Bryant

Ted Stoddard
1-Nov-2008, 17:13
This is too funny especially since I used to work at the Palo Alto VA Hospital Morgue and yes it was creepy but I wanted to be a DR. at one point in my life... but I decided photography is more my cup of tea... before people ask yes I did help on all aspects of the morgue... Its definitely not a job for the squeamish... oh and I was only there from the age 15 until 18 and volunteered during the summer and school breaks...:eek:

Man i would loved to had one of those as my darkroom sink it bee really cool :D

paulr
3-Nov-2008, 17:47
I thought this was going to be a joke, but those look like the nicest darkroom sinks I've ever seen. What an ingenius idea.

$264 for both???