PDA

View Full Version : Lines on prints off Epson 2200

Herb Cunningham
24-Oct-2008, 07:44
Ok, I let the printer sit for almost a year and had to have the repair station clean the nozzles. Now I get fine lines about an inch apart on the prints. Repair guys says I have wrong paper setting. My software does not offer such an option. What am I doing wrong here? Matt paper works better, but I still get the lines. Is there a software link to fix this?

Thanks to all the techies. 98% of my work is b/w wet processing.

cobalt
24-Oct-2008, 07:58
I am glad I no longer own the 2200. It clogs if you don't print at least twice a week, in my experience. Sent it to the shop, they simply ran the cleaning program over and over and over....next day, it was fine, and I was out about $100 for ink, if memory serves. You might have to change the ink cartridges; being left alone so long, they might be irreversibly clogged, even though the printer might be fine.

Walter Calahan
24-Oct-2008, 08:15
Upgrade to new technology. All my friends who still have a 2200 have clogging problems unless they use the machine all the time.

Ron Marshall
24-Oct-2008, 08:42
My 2200 rarely clogs, and then a single cleaning usually does the trick. I tend to print in bursts: twenty prints, then nothing for a month or so. Ambient humidity is probably the key.

Herb, if you print the nozzle check pattern and it is fine, and you still have banding then it might be time for a new printer.

anchored
24-Oct-2008, 09:07
Most likely since the repair guys just worked over the machine I'm betting it's not a clogging issue but as they say... paper settings used. If you set the machine to print on matte paper, and instead run prints on glossy paper, you indeed get strips on the print.

You'll need to change the settings in the printer software, being sure it matches the paper you're using. If you have the printer you should have the printer software, which is where you set the paper types.

Herb Cunningham
24-Oct-2008, 09:21
Thanks guys- I don't think it is clogged nozzles, and for some reason I cannot find the settings that allow me to change paper types or print speed. I downloaded a new driver update, but I am left with no choice on paper type, which I remember i used to have. I will continue to try to find how to set paper type and speed. I am hankering for a 3800, but we should really be able to make this 2200 work.

Bruce Watson
24-Oct-2008, 09:28
Thanks guys- I don't think it is clogged nozzles, and for some reason I cannot find the settings that allow me to change paper types or print speed. I downloaded a new driver update, but I am left with no choice on paper type, which I remember i used to have. I will continue to try to find how to set paper type and speed. I am hankering for a 3800, but we should really be able to make this 2200 work.

There's clogged nozzles, then there's deflected nozzles. A deflected nozzle is one that's partially clogged. In my 7600 (bigger brother of the 2200, same technology, etc), one way to deal with this is to rerun the alignment. Another way is to soak the parking station pad and let the head sit over it overnight. Then run a few nozzle cleanings in the morning. This trick almost always works for a 7600.

Unfortunately I have little experience with the 2200. So I have no idea if this will help any. I'm tossing this out there on the off chance it might help you keep the 2200 running.

Herb Cunningham
24-Oct-2008, 11:42
Halleluja! I finally got the thing to behave itself. Turns out there is a tiny button on the initial print menu that opens up selections for paper, print quality and speed, I got a nice 11x14 print from a 4x5 scanned slide, and NO FLIPPIN LINES!. It was the paper/print speed setting that was doing me in.

Now I have to go buy more ink to replace all I burned up in the stupidity.

Thanks again to all.