PDA

View Full Version : Autumn photos, anyone?

Michael Graves
8-Oct-2008, 06:51
Was out with my Crown Graphic over the weekend and stumbled across this.

Thad Gerheim
8-Oct-2008, 07:12
For those who passed over the Sawtooths to shoot the Tetons. These were shot in Idaho.

Steve M Hostetter
8-Oct-2008, 07:30
Baxter State Park entrance: Sinar 8x10" 210mm 5.6XL Super Symmar Aspheric Provia 100f

SadChi
8-Oct-2008, 11:26
For those who passed over the Sawtooths to shoot the Tetons. These were shot in Idaho.

Guys, you are tearing my heart apart. While you are in a such beautiful places I'm stuck at home. Great pictures.

Miguel Coquis
8-Oct-2008, 11:27
Red leaves from the small Jap-maple at home this afternoon.
Gorgeous color !
Yes, red !
Mentor 9x12

mrladewig
8-Oct-2008, 11:38
Great shots so far.

I've just sent out my film from my fall outing (my local lab just stopped their E-6 line). I can't wait to get it back. If the digital shots I took along the way are any indication I'll have some nice shots.

Jehu
8-Oct-2008, 11:50
Great shots so far.

I've just sent out my film from my fall outing (my local lab just stopped their E-6 line). I can't wait to get it back. If the digital shots I took along the way are any indication I'll have some nice shots.

There's a lot of that going on. Reno Color Labs stopped processing C41 & E6 about 5 years ago. I just used Colormark in Phoenix this last time. I'm very happy with their work.

eric black
8-Oct-2008, 12:47
Maryland is still green- were probably a couple of weeks out- these pics are wetting my appetite though!

Bruce Watson
8-Oct-2008, 13:28
I've got one from two years ago. Using a 110mm SS-XL on my Toho, in the rain (of course). Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

Nathan Potter
8-Oct-2008, 14:46
Hey Bruce, that's splendid. I love the vertical gradation in color from yellow to green to red - then where the red is relieved by the bluish tint to the water.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

John Voss
8-Oct-2008, 15:31
Here's one from a few days ago. It's a 'graph taken beside the Wallkill River in Orange County, New York in early October late afternoon sunlight. (Shen Hao, 210mm Nikkor)

Scott --
8-Oct-2008, 15:45
Blooming sedum always reminds me of Fall...

Korona 8x10, 12" brass portrait lens

Lucas M
8-Oct-2008, 18:13
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3122/2873998164_b5448931a5.jpg
From this autumn. Like the immersive feel.

Jim Cole
8-Oct-2008, 18:25
John, very nice!

Here's one from yesterday. Ebony 4x5, Schneider 210, Acros, Rodinal.

Flagstaff, AZ

vinny
8-Oct-2008, 21:44
Last week's trip to the Eastern Sierras.
450mm nikkor, 4x10 velvia. 32seconds @45, drum scan

Joel Truckenbrod
8-Oct-2008, 21:53
Geez. Where to even start. Here's a couple that are hopefully a bit unconventional. Both were taken at Banning State Park, located in east-central Minnesota.

Foam Patterns, Fallen Autumn Leaves - Tachihara 4x5, Fuji 160s, Fujinon 250mm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/truckyj/Banning-FoamSwirl.jpg

Kettle Interior, Autumn - Tachihara 4x5, Fuji 160s, Fujinon 90mm, 2 exposures combined
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/truckyj/KettleInterior-07.jpg

vinny
8-Oct-2008, 22:15
Joel, that first one is very nice. Unconventional is good.

Jiri Vasina
8-Oct-2008, 22:29
Joel, both are wonderful...

Jim Cole
9-Oct-2008, 18:13
Joel, Faom Patterns is exceptional.

Here is another B&W from Flagstaff this week. Ebony 4x5, Schneider 210, Acros and Rodinal N-1.

By the way, what determines whether an attached photo shows up as embedded with a thumbnail or full size on the post? I can't seem to figure this one out.

Jim

Ken Lee
10-Oct-2008, 03:40
If you attach the file, it gets uploaded to the forum, and appears as a thumbnail, etc.

The images which appear full-size, are actually located on someone else's server, and are merely linked to the page. To do this, you need to upload the image to a server of your own choosing.

For example, Joel's lovely foam image, actually resides on Photobucket: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/truckyj/Banning-FoamSwirl.jpg
and to show it here, he has created a link to it in his posting.

When this page loads, your browser requests all the linked photos from all the different places that they actually reside. Some reside on this site, and they show up as thumbnails, while others reside on a variety of sites, all over the web. Your browser gets them all, and renders them on the page, seamlessly. It's actually quite a wonderful concept.

Jim Cole
10-Oct-2008, 06:51
If you attach the file, it gets uploaded to the forum, and appears as a thumbnail, etc.

The images which appear full-size, are actually located on someone else's server, and are merely linked to the page. To do this, you need to upload the image to a server of your own choosing.

Thanks Ken. Got it.

eddie
10-Oct-2008, 07:27

great stuff thad! i left the sawtooths and that night it snowed there! damn! i have some great sawtooth colors, but none with snow on the mountains.

my color 8x10 should arrive here all processed today or monday. i will post them when i get em....

cheers

eddie

Miguel Coquis
10-Oct-2008, 10:16
First one is a B&W shot, colored PS
and second one is a leave directly scanned...
Just to compensate my lack of color film !