PDA

View Full Version : college demand for Omega D2

Raymond Bleesz
2-Oct-2008, 05:21
I will be posting a "for sale" sign at my community college for a Super Chromega D2 enlarger w/stabalizing unit (nice, clean, etc) & a few other small accessories. What would be a fair price, a tempting price, for this unit being that most photo courses are now digital.

Thank you for your inpout-----West of Denver in the mts. Raymond

MIke Sherck
2-Oct-2008, 05:30
Check E-bay for recent sales, check APUG and here to see if anything like that has sold recently... A local camera store has one similar to what you mentioned with a $400 price tag on it. Last Saturday he mentioned that he'll entertain offers. He might take as little as $100 for it, if that helps you any.

Mike

BradS
2-Oct-2008, 09:57
There is a beautiful one in the dark room department at a local camera store for $150...looks like new and it's been sitting a long time at that price.

The last two that I "brought home" were given to me...as in "please just come and get it". One was in sad shape and the other just needed a good cleaning and some minor restoration. I'd guess around $100 tops would get it to move.

Glenn Thoreson
2-Oct-2008, 11:40
Our small town high school just up and threw out their enlargers, a D2 and a Chromega B. Being a veteran scrounger of things useful, I spotted them at the dump and snagged 'em. Waste not, want not I always say sometimes. :D
I like the D2 much better than my Beseler 45M, too.

BradS
2-Oct-2008, 16:24
The thing is...lots of these are being given away, and as noted above, thrown away. Anybody who would actually want one knows this and so knows that, with patience, one can be had for the price of a trip to pick it up.

College students are notoriously short of funds too so...perhaps that's not the best place to go fishing...

The Dread Pirate Robins
2-Oct-2008, 16:34
I just got a Beseler 45MCRX with three lenses, some film holders (including a 4x5 holder), a safelight, and a time all for the price of driving out about fifteen miles round trip and picking it up from a local freecycle ad.

It seems that these things just fall out of the sky if you sit around long enough.