PDA

View Full Version : New thrill

ignatiusjk
1-Oct-2008, 16:30
I've developed a new thrill and that is printing many of my color shots in B&W. It's very interesting to click on the "convert to B&W" in photoshop. It's like printing a whole new batch of negatives. Have any of you tried this?

Brian Ellis
1-Oct-2008, 19:37
That's a common practice for those of us who like to make b&w prints from digital images. But just using "convert to B&W" isn't going to produce the best possible results because you're letting the program decide what the print will look like rather than making the print that you want to make. If you really like making b&w prints I'd suggest you do some reading on the various Photoshop techniques for converting color to b&w. There's lots of information on line, just do a Google all-words search on something like "converting color photographs to black and white." Many Photoshop books will also have a chapter devoted to this. Scott Kelby's book "Adobe Photoshop CS3 for Digital Photographers" has some good information about some of the new conversion features of CS3.

ignatiusjk
2-Oct-2008, 08:38
I generally click on the OK button which lets me use the "quick fix" section of Photoshop. Thanks for the info though.