PDA

View Full Version : Need a processing suggestion for South Side Chicago

J_Tardiff
7-Sep-2008, 14:34
Hi all,

Shipping my oldest off to college next week and she is hesitating to take her Rolleiflex because she is worried about finding a lab to do 120 B&W relatively close by (she will be in Hyde Park).

She has always done her own processing but figures that it might take awhile to get going with it in school.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JT

John Jarosz
8-Sep-2008, 12:17
I am not aware of any commercial processing in that part of town.

If she would go up to Gamma once and set up an account, I'm sure she could get what she needs by mail. One could walk-in to Gamma every time processing is needed, but Gamma is geographically inconvenient for those without a car if the starting point is the University of Chicago.

That's what I would do if it were me.

John

Pat Hilander
9-Sep-2008, 08:42
I'm don't know of any in Hyde Park either, but Precision Imaging is located on the northwest side of town:

http://www.precisionimagechicago.com/index.htm

And Gamma is easily acessable by the Chicago Ave. stop on the Red Line el train.

Jim Jirka
9-Sep-2008, 11:55
gamma used to deliver and pickup if one had an account established. i believe they billed at the end of the month net 10.

J_Tardiff
9-Sep-2008, 16:01
Ah, thanks a million -- I was starting to feel guilty that I had told her it wouldn't be a problem.

Gamma will probably work fine as she has to go into town for ballet every weekend.

Much appreciated,

JT