PDA

View Full Version : Cancer Benefit Weekend Details Announced

Steve Sherman
6-Sep-2008, 20:21
Below is the line up for the Cancer Benefit weekend. Anyone can attend any or all of the weekend festivities, admission is free.

Oct. 24th Friday

Monty McCutchen Wet Plate Demo
Charismatic Ultra Large Format photographer who knows this process well and will give a live demonstration

Oct 25th Saturday

Steve Sherman Reduced Agitation Development
Traditional ULF photographer who popularized the century old process of Stand Development

Ken Hanson Trials and Tribulations of publishing 1st book
After nearly a dozen treks in the Himalayas, Pakistan and Nepal, Hanson worked closely with a publisher to produce an exquisite oversized monograph. Hanson will share some of the pitfalls one can avoid in publishing a photography book.

Oct. 26th Sunday

Jack Holowitz Face and Figure Studio and Location
Holowitz has lectured world wide on Black & White portraiture and the female figure. His work has long been the focus of Fuji Film’s Professional Division

Glenn Curtis Scanning to Digital Output
Curtis teaches analog photography at Paire College of Art. His love is the digital process. A rare combination, he will demo the complete process from scanning through PhotoShop to digital output.

Oct. 27th Monday

Setup for ROG 2008 10AM - Noon
ROG Cocktails and Exhibition 6-9PM
After party 9PM - ???

Print shares each evening by all in attendance.

The Middlesex Cancer Center has arranged for reduced hotel rates at several different hotels close to the activities. Please email me for particulars.

Andrew O'Neill
6-Sep-2008, 21:53
Sure wish I could be there...at least my prints will be!!

ASRafferty
13-Sep-2008, 04:31
FYI, New Englanders exhibiting at this event:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum139/53944-cancer-benefit-weekend-details-announced.html#post680271