PDA

View Full Version : Agfa curix duplicating x-ray film 14x14"

butterflydream
6-Sep-2008, 02:53
I happened to get 100sheets of this film from a friend who works at the hospital. I can get more if I want as they changed to digital and they have tons of films.

Anybody has experience with this film? What would be the Best ISO for exposure and what could be the develops time with D-76 or Rodinal?

Peter K
6-Sep-2008, 03:57
Other as x-ray film, duplicating film is like "normal" film coated only on one side. And has not as much silver as x-ray-film, so the contrast cannot influenced as much. The speed should be more or less the same as enlarging-paper.

butterflydream
6-Sep-2008, 17:15
Then can I open it under red safe light?

Peter K
7-Sep-2008, 01:28
Then can I open it under red safe light?
To test your safelight remove one sheet from the box in total darkness. Than switch on the safelight and process the film as usual. If there is no fog, you can be sure saflight-filter, wattage and distance can be used.

butterflydream
7-Sep-2008, 05:01
Thank!

For sure I'll do the normal fog test. I wish red safelight filter would work so I don't have to buy another color safelight filter...

Salty
7-Sep-2008, 08:15
I have AGFA x-ray duplicating film and it's slower than slow.... slower than paper. My duplicating film also makes Positives, and I use red safelight when developing by inspection