PDA

View Full Version : Source for Zone VI lensboard?

Ed Pierce
27-Aug-2008, 11:47
Anyone know where I can find a Zone VI type 2 enlarger lens board? Looking for a 27mm opening to fit my Componon 80.

Alan Rabe
27-Aug-2008, 12:08
Other than Calumet or E-bay I don't know.

Alan Curtis
27-Aug-2008, 12:27
You might contact Richard Ritter, he has a little bit of everything.

shadow images
27-Aug-2008, 12:45
Make one

John Cahill
7-Sep-2008, 19:17
Anyone know where I can find a Zone VI type 2 enlarger lens board? Looking for a 27mm opening to fit my Componon 80.

Any metal working shop should be able to fabricate one for you if you have one they can use as a model.

Keith Pitman
7-Sep-2008, 20:38
I think you asked this somewhere else. From the information I have, they didn't make a lensboard with this size opening. It seems your alternatives will be to have one made, or buy another lens in the focal length you need with a 'standard' opening.

ASRafferty
8-Sep-2008, 03:26
Ed, not sure where you are in Vermont, but I found an envelope in Ted's studio marked "Zone VI lensboards," and Richard has been through a lot of what's here and may know if what you're looking for is among it. I think he may come over soon for something else, and you're certainly welcome too, if you'd like to look... it would be agony for you if I tried to guess from a description!

John Bowen
8-Sep-2008, 03:35
Amy,

I'll bet the envelope contains wooden Zone VI lensboards for use with Zone VI or Wisner cameras. The OP is looking for a metal lensboard for a Zone VI Enlarger.

Hope all is well,
John

ASRafferty
8-Sep-2008, 05:13
Thanks, John... these are metal! No markings on them, and a couple of squares, but also one sort of concave shaped. That's why I thought they might be worth identifying for Ed.

I'm becoming the queen of research about equipment on the Internet, but you're certainly right that I still don't know much! If what's here can be of use elsewhere, I just figure it's worth floating the info I do have and seeing if it will do any good.

Amy,

I'll bet the envelope contains wooden Zone VI lensboards for use with Zone VI or Wisner cameras. The OP is looking for a metal lensboard for a Zone VI Enlarger.

Hope all is well,
John

ronald moravec
8-Sep-2008, 07:12
Buy an undrilled blank from Calumet. They may drill it for you. I know they do for Copal sizes. If not, SK Grimes.com

I have made many from 1/8 model aircraft plywood from the hobby shop. A razor saw, ruler, files and patience is all you need. Stain the match the camera.

Find the center and make the hole. Use a lathe, proper drill, or just make 1/8 holes around the edge staying inside the 27mm mark. Then use a 1/2 round file to round out the bumps. A rotary file in my drill press speeds this considerably.

I have made 6 boards for my Zone VI. They all work perfectly

Ed Pierce
9-Sep-2008, 02:30
Thanks for all your replies, and yes I've posted this in several places. Richard was the first person I asked. I can't recall but I think the lensboard on my Type 1 may have been custom drilled for this lens, a Componon 80, by Zone VI for me. I decided to replace that lens with one which fits a lensboard I have.

The "sort of concave" one sounds like it might be a type 1 lensboard. I've attached a photo of mine if anyone's curious.

My Type 1 is for sale with the Componon 80 and custom lensboard.

Charlie Strack
3-Feb-2009, 19:06
Sorry to be so late replying--Calumet has lots of 25mm Type 2 lensboards in stock, and, for a fee, will drill to any larger size.

Lensboard hole sizes are frequently a few mm larger than specified.

The 25mm board did not show up on their web site--I had to call.

Charlie

Allen in Montreal
18-Feb-2009, 20:04
If you are still looking, there are a few up on Evil right now.
A bunch of neg holders too.