PDA

View Full Version : hiya

Chris Jones
21-Aug-2008, 00:28
Since my LF enlarger is currently being freighted to me, saying hello seems a good thing to.

But it is not for this reason alone that I write but rather to thank you all for the existence of the LF website and forum. While I have the experience and skill to use a 4x5 monorail there are always many things you don't know and solutions to problems you had not thought of.

I have retired early from a publishing career thanks to chronic fatigue syndrome and FM and so now have some time to devote art photography. I also write poetry and other fictions. It has come to my notice, also, that I don't write unless I am doing some type of photography. The two seem to feed off each other and my current interest is the way still monochrome photos seem to have a haptic space (borrowing a word from psychology) which creates optical perception. I am also playing around with triptychs.

The enlarger BTW is a Fujimoto condenser. LF camera is a Calumet 45N and I also use a Mamiya TLR system.

Eric Biggerstaff
21-Aug-2008, 07:35
Welcome to the forum Chris.

Brian Ellis
21-Aug-2008, 12:38
Good on ya' mite.

I've always liked that expression though I don't know whether it's appropriate here or not. If not, welcome.

Ralph Barker
21-Aug-2008, 14:45
Welcome, Chris.

Clueless Winddancing
22-Aug-2008, 13:59
Being kind to ourselves is a bargain that often begins late in life. We've bargained ourselves plumb-empty -only to slowly begin seeing and feeling once again. It all got turned around in that "culture" is the real consumer and we are just its fodder.
Are you so rural as to be like the Old West (US) where dust and heat are constant struggles; where drying film has to happen in the shower stall at night?