PDA

View Full Version : Epson printers 3rd party inks.

Petewit
8-Aug-2008, 10:01
Has anyone tried using the Lyson or Permajet ink systems with Epson photo series printers.
Would like to know what the results are like.

Pete

Walter Foscari
8-Aug-2008, 10:18
Never used Lyson or Permajet but my 7600 is currently loaded with MIS inks. No problems at all. The bucks I save goes the way of good paper, no way around that unfortunately.

Lenny Eiger
8-Aug-2008, 12:04
Never used Lyson or Permajet but my 7600 is currently loaded with MIS inks. No problems at all. The bucks I save goes the way of good paper, no way around that unfortunately.

Cheap, junky inks are just that. There are plenty of companies that sell high end inks, Cone and MediaSteet come to mind, two I have used.

Basically, all the other inks work just fine in Epson printers. Some clog some don't. Some printers clog with Epson inks in them.

Epson wants you to believe that you can only use Epson inks and Epson paper - or everything fails. That's because their business model is to make the money on the supplies. They have browbeaten that message that message into everyone that would listen. Ink is ink... or at least, good ink is good ink. Epson's word (about anything) is totally suspect. It's all about marketing.

Every company that makes high end ink has tested it thoroughly. They are usually smaller companies and will usually be straight with you.

Lenny

Joanna Carter
8-Aug-2008, 13:22
I use a Fotospeed CIS system, superb inks for a lot less then Epson.

http://www.fotospeed.com/Catalogue.asp?PrGrp=22

Rider
8-Aug-2008, 14:25

Is MIS solely B&W?

Donald Miller
8-Aug-2008, 15:54
Is MIS solely B&W?

Nope, they have color as well.

Peter De Smidt
8-Aug-2008, 22:37
I use the MIS K4 inks in an R2400 with an InkRepublic CIS. The system works well.

Kuzano
9-Aug-2008, 14:28
They have browbeaten that message that message into everyone

As a friend used to say...

"Why do you say everything twice, why do you say everything twice."

Jim Ewins
10-Aug-2008, 21:26
I've tried Lyson..... We've had good success with MIS CFS on R220, R1800, R2400 (color) and with R1280 on their UT2 (B&W) inks.

Lenny Eiger
11-Aug-2008, 10:01
Has anyone tried using the Lyson or Permajet ink systems with Epson photo series printers.
Pete

The Cone stuff is really good. I believe it is more advanced than what the other manufacturers are creating. I've done a lot of my own ink mixing and spent a lot of hours with Jon Cone. He is serious about getting it right. I would try there first...

Lenny

johng1
16-Feb-2011, 09:42
hi all,
i just joined this forum. I recently bought the Epson R1900 printer. I also have the Epson 960 printer but there are no 64bit drivers for the 960. I am looking for a CIS system for my mew printer the R1900. I am thinking of getting Lyson ink. There is a place called Merutt that sells The Kit and the ink but they are based in the UK. I live in the US. Before i break down and just order from them is there a US distributor for the Kit and ink. I want the same high quality ink and kit. I have done a lot of searching but I can't specifically find a place in the US that I know carries the same system. i print mainly DVDs and jewel case inserts but I will be printing prints up to 13 x 19.
For my Eson 960 i did try a kit where i refilled the cartridges and the fill hole was at the underside of the cartridge. the instructions stated to add hot glue to plug up the hole. This never worked for me. so i just went back to buying OEM ink. How hard is it to install these CIS systems?

Thanks,
John Gerard