PDA

View Full Version : roll paper stand, to store rolls

kwy290
21-Jul-2008, 11:27
Does any one know if a roll paper stand to store rolls of paper exists? I have tons of rolls of paper in my studio and I want an easy space saving way to store them. Thanks.

Ralph Barker
21-Jul-2008, 14:55
It's best to store them on end, as near vertical as possible. Otherwise, the cardboard core will sag if not well supported.

lenser
21-Jul-2008, 15:18
I don't know if they still carry it, but Calumet used to have foam rubber cutouts that mount to the wall in a strip. Each one had 3 or 4 openings for rolls and an adhesive back. Kind of like the foam and plastic holders for fishing rods.

If you've got a long enough bare wall, it adds about six inches of depth to where the wall is at now.

Greg Lockrey
21-Jul-2008, 23:35
I made my stand with one of those units that you hang shelving on the walls without the shelves. They are adjustable to be spaced for the different diameter rolls. I use dowel rods to hold the rolls. The cores for my Epson paper are too thick to sag. But then I run through paper quite fast. At the bottom I have a couple of shelves for the sheet paper. On the other hand if you are talking about background paper, I use 1" electrical rigid conduit for that.