PDA

View Full Version : Printer problems

ignatiusjk
15-Jul-2008, 18:37
My Epson 3800 printer was working fine now it won't print. I go through the normal process and press print but nothing happens. Do any of you have any solutions? The printer was accidentally left on overnight,but I don't think that should bother anything.

ignatiusjk
15-Jul-2008, 18:38
I also checked all of the connections and their fine.

D. Bryant
15-Jul-2008, 20:41
I also checked all of the connections and their fine.

Can you do a nozzle check or start a cleaning cycle from the Maintenance menu in the Epson driver dialog?

I assume if you can't then there may be some glitch with the USB/cable or hub or if you are using a network connection there is some issue there.

If you can then I'm not sure what to suggest right off hand.

Don Bryant

Donald Miller
15-Jul-2008, 21:22
Are you on Windows or Mac? If you are on Windows make sure that your printer is selected in the printers section of control panel. Next see if you can run a clean cycle initiated at the printer and if you can then you must have a bad connection from the computer to the printer.

Preston
15-Jul-2008, 21:23
It would help us to help you if you would tell us which computer and OS you are using, , whether or not the printer is on a network, as well as the text of any error messages you might be getting.

As I see it, you have several possible areas where things can go wrong...

1. A cable or connector is not working properly.
2. The printer driver is corrupted.
3. The firm-ware in the printer is not working properly.
4. Your image editing program is not talking to the printer driver.
5. Something is mechanically wrong with the printer.
6. The printer is not being recognized by the OS, and therfore not selectable.

If I have trouble printing, the first thing I do is to make sure the cable is good. Just because it is connected does not mean that it is good. Try your cable on another device. If the cable is good, you can at least proceed to check further.

I hope you get it sorted out.

-P

ignatiusjk
16-Jul-2008, 15:02
Thanks folks. This printer is brand new so I can't imagine having to check for a nozzle problem but I will certainly do that.I will keep you avised of the situation.

ignatiusjk
16-Jul-2008, 15:29
Well I should have went to my step son sooner.Two minutes of him messing with it and away we go. I hate technology and technology hates me. Printer and photographer are back in business. What was wrong was beyond me I just know it's working.

Preston
16-Jul-2008, 19:34
Is it pssible for you find out what was wrong and the steps taken to fix it? I am sure that info may be helpful to someone having a similar issue.

Glad you got it working!

-P

paradoxbox
19-Jul-2008, 01:29
Most likely it just needed to be unplugged, turned off then plugged back in and turned on again.

In my tech support days I could have just recorded the following "Have you tried turning it off and on again?". It can sometimes be that simple. Always make sure the cord is still plugged in (Both USB and the power cord). Try restarting the computer as well just for good measure.

FYI if you have a head / nozzle problem you'll know it right away when you print. It'll print normally except you'll have areas of dropout in certain or all colors, it'll really look like crap. That can also happen if you run out of ink or have an air pocket in your ink lines.

ignatiusjk
19-Jul-2008, 11:01
I will ask my stepson and let him explain it to you.