message: "A calibration error has occurred. Make sure the calibration
hole of the transparency tray is not covered and that the transparency
tray is fully inserted." This error message comes up both when the
tray is fully inserted and when it is fully removed. I assume the slot
in the front of the transparancy tray is the calibration hole. It is
not blocked.

David A. Goldfarb
11-Jul-2008, 12:47
I've had a couple of different Duoscans. One of them had a bulb that needed to be replaced for transparency scans to work, and if I recall, it gave this error. Do both of the fluorescent tubes light up when you do a transparency scan? I think the bulb has other uses, so it's not hard to find, but I never bothered to replace mine, because I had another Duoscan.

Jeremy Moore
11-Jul-2008, 12:47
Hey JHH, I'm also in Denton and if you're interested I have a Duoscan which I am not using and you're welcome to it if you'd like it. This one worked before I mothballed it and you can have to test (well, it's just sitting in the closet, you're welcome to it regardless of testing if you want it) and see if it's a problem with your scanner or a general problem (maybe with the SCSI-USB converter?).

jhhtexas
12-Jul-2008, 14:20
Can anyone tell me how to open the Duoscan T1200 to change the scanner bulb?
There are 4 screws on the bottom, but it looks like they just access the electronics, not the scanner mechanism. I can't see any way to remove the white shell.

David A. Goldfarb
12-Jul-2008, 20:06
The two I had, as I recall, came apart in different ways. I don't think I had to unscrew anything from the bottom to take off the white shell. If I remember there were two screws or maybe four, and there may have been two plastic tabs to push in. I know that's not terribly helpful, but it seemed pretty straightforward when I did it. Pull off the scanner lid, and you should be able to see what you have to do.

jhhtexas
13-Jul-2008, 18:45
I found out how to get to the lower scanner bulb. Unfortunately, it is hard-wired in and not replaceable. I broke it finding that out, but it didn't light up anyway. I need to get another Duoscan. I paid about $25 for the one with the burned out scanner bulb.

Ole Tjugen
13-Jul-2008, 22:10
Care to let us know how you got to the bulb?

Mine needs a good inside cleaning, and despite all exellent advice I still haven't managed to open it... :(