PDA

View Full Version : Please help with some rare brass lens!

photojournalism
8-Jul-2008, 09:55
Hello!
Have anyone know anything about the brass lens - Planistigmat No8 313mm f6.6 Phos Varsovie? As I know the owner of Phos factory (founded 1904) was Alexander Ginsberg who was studied and had work in Carls Zeiss company. This lens seems symmetrical and convertible. If you know what kind is this lens, how much it can cost today or any other information will be useful.
Thank you, Andrey. largeformatphoto@yandex.ru

lenser
8-Jul-2008, 18:00
Andrey,

I would check with Seth at Cameraeccentric.com.

It sometimes takes awhile for him to respond to emails, but he has a wealth of information about old cameras and lenses.

Perhaps, Lens and Repro could also help.

Good luck.

Tim

photojournalism
8-Jul-2008, 21:53
Andrey,

I would check with Seth at Cameraeccentric.com.

It sometimes takes awhile for him to respond to emails, but he has a wealth of information about old cameras and lenses.

Perhaps, Lens and Repro could also help.

Good luck.

Tim

Thanks Tim! I'll try to write to Seth.

photojournalism
10-Jul-2008, 09:24
Found some interesting information:

It appears, Alexander Ginsberg was married to Carl Zeiss daughter, that's why he had access to Zeiss lens design and patents.

Darren Kruger
10-Jul-2008, 09:54
Can you post a picture or three of the lens in question? People might be able to recognize it or maybe determine the type of lens by seeing it.

-Darren

photojournalism
10-Jul-2008, 11:32
Can you post a picture or three of the lens in question? People might be able to recognize it or maybe determine the type of lens by seeing it.

-Darren

Hello Darren! Of course I can - here is.

photojournalism
10-Jul-2008, 13:50
I thought a lot and decided that Planistigmat Phos by design is like Double-Protar Zeiss.
http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/info/zeiss/p33.html