PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

mikossant
3-Jul-2008, 22:00
Which scanner(s) nowadays(specifically drum scanners) would you actually consider purchasing used? What companies still have reliable service? What are some good sites that you would want to purchase a refurbished scanner from?
Thank You

Don Hutton
3-Jul-2008, 22:27
I'd speak to Evan at Aztek and enquire about a used Howtek - while Howteks are no longer made, Aztek provide excellent service and back-up for them and keep parts etc. I'm pretty sure they can also organize some training. Contact details are here: http://aztek.com/contact.html I have no affiliation with them - just a satisfied Howtek owner.

Tri Tran
3-Jul-2008, 22:56
Second to Don. I've met Evan and ran some test with Howtek scanners in their facility. Nice people and very professional. Highly recommended.

George Kara
4-Jul-2008, 07:27
I use a Creo eversmart II that I purchased from Genesis equipment in AZ. Great scanner, good price and the employees are knowledgable and helpful. They sell many brands and don't appear to be biased in any direction.

Lenny Eiger
4-Jul-2008, 09:12
Which scanner(s) nowadays(specifically drum scanners) would you actually consider purchasing used? What companies still have reliable service? What are some good sites that you would want to purchase a refurbished scanner from?
Thank You

I think the Howtek 4500 is the best bang for the buck out there. Super sharp, aperture control, good software, back support, etc. Especially for 4x5 , 5x7 and 8x10. It can't do sizes above 8x10, one needs a 7500....

Lenny