PDA

View Full Version : fitting spikes to Feisol CT-3372

uniB
16-Jun-2008, 09:32
I'm sure there's not many people on here who have a Feisol CT-3372 tripod and have tried to get the rubber bottom bits off – but if you have could you let me know how to do it?! I've got some spikes (not very good spikes Feisol) and can't figure out how to fit them.

Ta

kev curry
16-Jun-2008, 09:52
UniB, Its explained here, click the 'User Manual' tab then click on the 'Large Tripods' option and scroll to the bottom of the page

http://www.feisol.com/english/feisolen.htm

kev

John Voss
16-Jun-2008, 10:38
I have the 3301 and the long spikes. I just pried the bottom rubberized caps off with my thumb and screwed the spike into the threaded hole. It takes a bit of force, but if it didn't, the caps would probably not stay on in use. Still, the force isn't excessive, and I didn't have any trouble with it.

uniB
16-Jun-2008, 16:06
Thanks for the info guys. I had half heartedly pulled at the rubbers a bit but chickened out with the fear of breaking something - something I tend to do!

Wish the spikes were a bit more... spiked - think some customisation is called for

Aahx
16-Jun-2008, 16:18
I have not mounted my spikes yet on my 3472. But I like the fact that they are not too sharp, as I plan to mount my tripod on a backpack while riding a motorcyle. And the last thing I need to do is accidently impail myself or my seat. I am still debating on using the spikes or not at this point for that very reason.