PDA

View Full Version : New scanners for airports in US

Tomaas
11-Jun-2008, 09:37
If you think it is possibility to hide 8x10 camera in back pocket while going through airport scanning devices it is not possible any longer.

Not even so with large pockets!

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23845865-23109,00.html

Tomaas

Pat Kearns
11-Jun-2008, 10:14
I wonder how long it will take for the "scans" to air on one of the "Busted Video TV" shows.

Alan Rabe
11-Jun-2008, 13:39
How is this not a "gross" invasion of privacy? All based on fear of terrorist. How many people, particulary women, will be made to undergo this level of security for the amusment of some unseen clown(security agent) with a cell phone camera.

Sal Santamaura
11-Jun-2008, 14:14
How is this not a "gross" invasion of privacy?...What privacy? You have the impression there's a right to privacy in the US? And that the courts would uphold it?

I stopped flying four years ago. If I can't drive somewhere, I don't go. Were everyone to adopt the same practice, there'd be more traffic on the roads. However, I bet the airline industry would quickly pressure TSA to provide real security rather than the intrusive nonsense in place now.

Kevin Crisp
11-Jun-2008, 15:13
"All based on fear of terrorist."

Yeah, really. Like they'd use aircraft for that.

Turner Reich
11-Jun-2008, 16:28
The entire air travel is wrong. Travelers should go to a separate location and check in everything, the previous carry on articles should be put in padded containers, if you can't get it in it gets left behind. The cargo baggage gets checked in there also.

The traveler goes onto the plane with just the absolute bare minimal of articles, clothes they have on and medical devices, that's it. It would speed up the normal bumping and fumbling onto the plane. All of the overhead stuff is nuts and should be eliminated. It would leave more room for pillows and blankets.

sparq
11-Jun-2008, 19:01
All of the overhead stuff is nuts and should be eliminated. It would leave more room for pillows and blankets.

Yes, and so should world hunger, wars and reciprocity failure be. Get real, cabin bags are the only way how to get your belongings to your final destination, intact. The hiring process at airports must be "really tough" considering my bad experiences with valuable items stolen from my checked-in bags or damaged by careless handling; no comments about lost bags are needed. If you travel for business, checked-in bags are a good recipe for disaster.