PDA

View Full Version : Oh God!!!

ignatiusjk
6-Jun-2008, 19:55
I just got my Epson V700 scanner and this is the first scanner I've ever used and it's pretty cool but that Photoshop is CRAZY. The things it can do will mess up your mind. What is the best thing a beginner should do with scanning?

Ron Marshall
6-Jun-2008, 20:12
Photoshop is great, but get a good book and put in time to learn it; then you will be very happy!

I highly recommend Photoshop Artistry, by Barry Haynes, Wendy Crumpler and Sean Duggan.

coops
6-Jun-2008, 20:54
www.lynda.com have lots of great tutorials. I used them a lot and they were a big help.

Brian Ellis
7-Jun-2008, 08:47
For scanning the first thing I'd do if I was a beginner (after studying the manual of course) is go to Wayne Fulton's web site www.scantips.com and start reading. There may be better sources but I mention his just because it's pretty good and is easily accessible for anyone. Some of the equipment information is dated but the basic principles remain the same. For Photoshop, the best book for a beginner IMHO is Photoshop CS3 by Scott Kelby. I have Barry Haynes' book and it's a good book but IMHO not as as easy to follow for a beginner as Kelby's. Be prepared for a long and steep learning curve if you want to become proficient.