PDA

View Full Version : Nagaoka lens board

mcfactor
2-Jun-2008, 11:18
I just purchased a Nagaoka 4x5 online. I was wondering what type of lens board fits this camera. I have been told a Linhoff-type board fits, but there seem to be a few different types of Linhoff boards. There are boards with two corners cut and perfectly square boards. Would either work?

My second question is: on ebay there is a seller based in China that sells "Linhoff-type" boards for $20 including shipping. Has anyone used this company? are they reliable? The price is right, but i dont want to wait 2 weeks to find it doesnt fit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lens-board-COPAL-00-0-1-or-3-for-LINHOF-wista-new_W0QQitemZ140236621815QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item140236621815&_trkparms=72%3A552%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Thanks

kev curry
2-Jun-2008, 14:05
Hi Mcfactor, I have ordered Technika type recessed lens boards from the seller you mention for my Tachihara and found his products to be spot on...... well manufactured and at a basement price.

kev

Bill_1856
2-Jun-2008, 14:40
The correct boards are the current Technika jobbies, with clipped corners and a couple of small slots at the bottom.
Be aware that many off-brand suppliers make the boards too thin compared with genuine Technika boards, and they will be loose and rattle around if not shimmed with a little paper tape.
Enjoy your Nagaoka -- (after 30+ years, mine is still nearly mint).

sanking
2-Jun-2008, 15:15
The correct boards are the current Technika jobbies, with clipped corners and a couple of small slots at the bottom.
Be aware that many off-brand suppliers make the boards too thin compared with genuine Technika boards, and they will be loose and rattle around if not shimmed with a little paper tape.
Enjoy your Nagaoka -- (after 30+ years, mine is still nearly mint).

Just want to mention that some of the early Nagaoka and Ikeda cameras do not take the Technika type boards. The first cameras took a odd-ball board just slightly smaller than the Technika boards.

Sandy King

mcfactor
2-Jun-2008, 21:08
Thanks guys, I'll wait to see the camera before I order. (Thanks Sandy for responding to two threads. I love the level of commitment with this (and apug) site, I would never be at the level I'm at without them).

-Noah

Dave Hally
3-Jun-2008, 14:57
When I was using a Nagaoka, years ago, I made my own boards, out of "Model Aircraft" plywood, from a hobby shop, stained or veneered. I also made a board out of a thin (~1/8") sheet of rosewood, with another sheet cross-glued to the back. I was able to cut the plywood with a utility knife and cut the hole by drilling a bunch of holes around and finishing with a file. These worked out very well and were inexpensive.
Dave Hally

Enrico Faini
3-Jun-2008, 15:39
Just want to mention that some of the early Nagaoka and Ikeda cameras do not take the Technika type boards. The first cameras took a odd-ball board just slightly smaller than the Technika boards.
and I should add that other Nagaokas such as my 5x7 use hard to find custom made woodden lensboards which are just slightly larger than a Technika board