PDA

View Full Version : Bag for Quickloads/holder

Deliberate1
30-May-2008, 20:38
Friends, I am headed to the Middle East in a few week and will be bringing my Toyo 45A and three lenses, all in a Kata bag. Going to be tight bec I am shlepping a Nikon D70 an two lenses as well. To streamline the shooting I am taking a bunch of Astia and Provia Quickloads and the Fuji holder. I'd like to find some sort of zippered or Velcro bag about the same dimensions as the holder that I can put the film and holder in - and secure it to the pack somehow. Insulation would be great given the heat. I have looked around but have found nothing that is dedicated to this purpose. Suggestions?

Kuzano
31-May-2008, 08:14
My Kodak Readyload Professional (late model with the red release tab) came with a nice holder w/velcro closure. It's just the size of the holder however. Not large enough for film also.

Frank Petronio
31-May-2008, 08:49
The Gnass film holder bag is perfect, except that actually getting one from Gnass is a challenge. You might post a WTB listing -- I sold mine years ago when I gave up on Ready/Quickloads.

Deliberate1
31-May-2008, 09:06
The Gnass film holder bag is perfect, except that actually getting one from Gnass is a challenge. You might post a WTB listing -- I sold mine years ago when I gave up on Ready/Quickloads.

Frank, I checked out his site which was not functioning. While I do not have the luxury of a protracted transaction, your suggestion to post a WTB is a good one. What would a fair price be? Maybe I will just go to Walmart and look for an insulated lunch bag, or something like that. Tx

Deliberate1
31-May-2008, 09:08
My Kodak Readyload Professional (late model with the red release tab) came with a nice holder w/velcro closure. It's just the size of the holder however. Not large enough for film also.

Ya, I have one of those too. Shame it is too small for film. Tx for your reply.

Dave Hally
3-Jun-2008, 15:02
How about one of the side bags for the Kelty back packs from PhotoBackpacker.com?
They're supposed to hold 2 boxes of quickloads, I'm thinkinf of purchasing one of the backpacks
Dave Hally