PDA

View Full Version : Serious Horizontal banding

Bill W
21-May-2008, 12:00
I have an old Epson Stylus pro 7000 printer and I am getting some really bad Horizontal Banding. The banding is spaced at .350". About 1/2 the band is almost solid black and the other half is a streaking black with a very light Grey line at the edge of each band. I have cleaned the heads and have done a test print with everything looking perfect-----except the final print. Any help would be appreciated....Thanks Bill

Walter Calahan
21-May-2008, 13:08
Suggest a Power Clean, if you've just don't a standard cleaning.

neil poulsen
21-May-2008, 13:48
You might want invoke the alignment utility.

You could try this before doing the power clean. How does the nozzle check look?

Bill W
21-May-2008, 14:32
You might want invoke the alignment utility.

You could try this before doing the power clean. How does the nozzle check look?

Nozzle check is perfect !

Kirk Gittings
21-May-2008, 15:02
Have you switched media recently? I never had issues with glossy or mat papers in either color or b&w, but I experienced obvious banding when I first started using the baryta papers and head height was the problem.

Bill W
21-May-2008, 16:00
Have you switched media recently? I never had issues with glossy or mat papers in either color or b&w, but I experienced obvious banding when I first started using the baryta papers and head height was the problem.

Thanks
I am just using the same matt paper I used to but I am going to do a head alignment check. The unit has been shipped X country. It takes a lot of paper for testing and re-testing so I am going to try and find a 24" roll of some cheap paper for the test. maybe Butcher paper? :rolleyes:

Bill W
26-May-2008, 09:27

Well now I am in a bit of a dilemma as I have finished the following tests and still have the banding

1-Check Nozzles Perfect
2-Adj. B Head slant [skew] Good
3-Adj. C head slant [skew] Good
4-Adj. BC head slant- I really do not know the function of this one. Good
5-Adj. Head LR [head gap] had to adjust each one from -9 to -20
6-Adj. Head height Good

Any further suggestions are appreciated Thanks Bill

Kirk Gittings
26-May-2008, 09:44
Wow, I'll give you the address off line of the best Epson guy I know and a good friend.