PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Toronto

lxdesign
18-May-2008, 18:05
Hi guys,

I am new to this forum, and new to large format photography. I just got a Cambo SC 4x5 view camera this past week. It came with a 210mm lens, about 6 holders, and I'll be getting a packfilm holder for instant film in the next couple of days. I have a background working with medium format, but this is a whole new bag of tricks that I will have to learn to work with. I got out today to take my first frame with the camera, and I am looking forward to seeing the result. Being that I don't have the means to develop, I am going to be working with Colourgenics to start for developing my images, and possibly to scan digitally as well.

Other than that.. I also am an avid digital shooter, with a handful of Nikon gear. My website is www.sweeneyimages.com

thanks,

David

snuck
18-May-2008, 19:12
Very cool. Another photographer from the Toronto area. Howdy.

lxdesign
18-May-2008, 19:15
Thanks! Actually if you are familiar with TPMG.ca you may know me.. I am one of the organizers.

Andrew O'Neill
18-May-2008, 21:03
And the Canadian LF crowd just grew by one. Welcome!

snuck
18-May-2008, 21:40
Thanks! Actually if you are familiar with TPMG.ca you may know me.. I am one of the organizers.

I am now. nice. How many people do you get out per gathering? I'm more involved in PhotoEducators, or Photo Historical Society of Canada myself.

Cheers
Victor

lxdesign
19-May-2008, 05:06
I am now. nice. How many people do you get out per gathering? I'm more involved in PhotoEducators, or Photo Historical Society of Canada myself.

Cheers
Victor

We have around 2000 members, but somewhere in the range of 250-500 are active, and we get anywhere from a handful of people to 50+ people out to an event. Depends on the situation. If we are going somewhere where having a large group does not accomodate we limit the registration so that it doesn't get too crowded.

I am very familiar with the historic society... I've been to a few of the auctions. I am also a member of the Beach Photo Club which is part of the GTCCC.

snuck
19-May-2008, 08:39
We have around 2000 members, but somewhere in the range of 250-500 are active, and we get anywhere from a handful of people to 50+ people out to an event. Depends on the situation. If we are going somewhere where having a large group does not accomodate we limit the registration so that it doesn't get too crowded.

I am very familiar with the historic society... I've been to a few of the auctions. I am also a member of the Beach Photo Club which is part of the GTCCC.

I might of met you before then.. I've dropped by the Beach Photo Club once. And also stopped to chat with a few at Trinity Belwoods park.

Cheers

John Kasaian
19-May-2008, 11:10
Welcome from Baja Canada! ;)