PDA

View Full Version : Revised PDF: LF Book rebirth

photographs42
18-May-2008, 13:11
A revised PDF is ready at this new link as:

http://www.jeromehawkins.com/LF_Book-v2.htm

I started a new thread because I don't think anyone noticed.

Please check it out.

Jerome

cyrus
18-May-2008, 16:25
A revised PDF is ready at this new link as:

http://www.jeromehawkins.com/LF_Book-v2.htm

I started a new thread because I don't think anyone noticed.

Please check it out.

Jerome

Jerome - This is a big file You're going to use up a lot of bandwidth!

photographs42
18-May-2008, 16:43
It's 14.1MB but I don't have any way to make it smaller. 72dpi is as small as the PDF creation program I'm using will go.
Jerome

David Spivak-Focus Magazine
19-May-2008, 09:38
It's 14.1MB but I don't have any way to make it smaller. 72dpi is as small as the PDF creation program I'm using will go.
Jerome

Try File --> Reduce file size. That won't help much, but it will help a little.

photographs42
19-May-2008, 11:24
Try File --> Reduce file size. That won't help much, but it will help a little.

That's not a choice I have. (Windows Pro 2000 or XP) Is it a Mac thing?
Jerome

19-May-2008, 15:58
That's not a choice I have. (Windows Pro 2000 or XP) Is it a Mac thing?
Jerome

Nope. I'm on a PC. What version of Acrobat do you have? Do you have Professional or just reader?

photographs42
19-May-2008, 16:19
Nope. I'm on a PC. What version of Acrobat do you have? Do you have Professional or just reader?

I just have the reader, ver. 8. I used CutePDF, a freeware program to create the PDF.

Michael Graves
19-May-2008, 17:55
Any idea how long before we can order finished copies?

19-May-2008, 19:22
I just have the reader, ver. 8. I used CutePDF, a freeware program to create the PDF.

Ok, I got it down to 13.3 MB doing what I suggested. That's as small as it's going to get. Do you want it?

photographs42
19-May-2008, 21:17
Any idea how long before we can order finished copies?

I indicated earlier that I was setting June 1 as the cut off date for changes, but I have only had a couple of requests since I posted the revised PDF so maybe we don‘t need that long. This evening I uploaded it to Blurb and ordered one book as a test. I should receive it in about a week. My thought was that I would review the initial book and tweak it if it needs tweaking before others invest in a copy.

However, if anyone wants to order one now I can make it public or I think I can post a way to order it without making it public.

Soft cover is $36.95 plus shipping ($8.98 ground shipping to St. Louis).

photographs42
19-May-2008, 21:19
Ok, I got it down to 13.3 MB doing what I suggested. That's as small as it's going to get. Do you want it?

I don't know if my e-mail will accept a file that big but you could try.

jerome at jeromehawkins dot com

Thanks,
Jerome

Matus Kalisky
20-May-2008, 03:22
Jerome, it took a long time to get the book done, so I think you may let us wait a few days more and check the one you ordered before making it public.

Thank you for your effort.

photographs42
27-May-2008, 08:17
Well, I’m back from Dallas. It was an OK show. Made a little money and had a good time. Got home last night. I see from my e-mail that the BBT (big brown truck = UPS) is supposed to deliver the test book tomorrow.

I haven’t had any comments or received any replacement images since before I left town last Thursday. I’ll report my impressions of the test book tomorrow night, assuming it’s on the porch when I get home from work tomorrow.

Jerome