PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Lens at PHSNE show

whiteymorange
3-May-2008, 17:14
I want to publish the details of a lens that was lifted from the Dick Welch's table at the PHSNE show and sale today in Wakefield, MA in case anyone sees it for sale. It was there and then it wasn't. I don't expect that he will ever see it again, but I'd like, if I can, to make it difficult for the thief to make any money from his crime.

The lens is a Goerz Double Anastigmat. 6" Series III #1. The serial number is 130156. It is a small brass barrel lens, with some of the brass blacked and some lacquered. It had a flange attached when it "walked away" from the table. It is not particularly pretty, but it's a nice lens with good coverage and the bast&%# that took it should be... well, I'll let your imagination finish that one.

Vick Vickery
3-May-2008, 20:23
If you haven't done so, report the theft to the police immediately! It will be necessary if anybody's insurance comes into play, but just as importantly, since it has a serial number it can be put on NCIC and the number might get it caught if someone pawns it. Long shot, but worth a try since it doesn't cost anything but a little time.