PDA

View Full Version : Durst L138

pergorm
28-Apr-2008, 12:35
Hi guys!!

I apologize for this "stupid" question, but does the Durst L138 come with a filter drawer???.
I am considering buying one, but have not found it yet. I intend to do MG so i need a filter drawer, or is there an other way of using MG-filters???. I dont like the thought of putting filters under the lens.

Thanks
Pergorm
(New to LF-photography)

Ole Tjugen
28-Apr-2008, 13:17
The condensor head on the L138S has a filter drawer.

I use AGFA CC filters in mine for MG filtration.

pergorm
1-May-2008, 07:14
Thanks for the answer. I have found the instruction manual on the www, and there seems to be a difference between Rodenstock and Schneider lenses....
135mm Rodenstock is OK for 4x5" with the 240/200 condenser combination, but the Componon 135mm will only work with the 240/160 combination, and not for 4x5"???. Any logical explanation for this?????

Thanks in advance
pergorm

Donald Miller
1-May-2008, 09:56
Durst is a very precise instrument and the nodal point of the lenses may be different. Beyond that not all condensers are the same...nor are all 240 and 200 or 160 condensers the same. They use different condensers for different light sources...point light source requires different condensers than the thorn lamp even though the condenser may have the same numerical designation it will also have a differing alphabetical suffix.

I switched to the Ilford below lens filters and have found them to be far easier to use. This is especially true when one switches filters as in the case of split grade printing. The potential for movement is just too great when using the in head filter drawer for the aforementioned application.