PDA

View Full Version : Hasselblad ArcBody

Trevor Crone
9-Jan-2001, 19:18
Are there any LF users out there using the Hasselblad ArcBody? If so your findin g would be most appreciated. Only I notice John Sexton has used it for a couple of shots in his book "Places of Power". Only I'm wondering if this is really a p ocket 'viewcamera'? Best regards,

james norman
9-Jan-2001, 21:53
having worked as an architectural photographer for 20 years, i have been through just about eveyr system there is that allows PC. i love the hasselblad system for its high quality and feel, as well as the lenses, but it is about the worst (and surely the most expensive) architectural system i have tried - very awkward to use and nearly impossible to handhold. if you want a caonvenient and easily portable MF PC system, try the mamiya 645 w/50mm shift, or the pentax 6x7 w/75mm shift.

paul owen
10-Jan-2001, 15:31
Hi Trevor, Just as a matter of interest I use the Silvestri SLV which is a wide angle PC camera. It allows the use of formats from 645 through to 5x4 as well as Polaroid. The camera takes both schneider and rodenstock lenses and I use mine with the 47mm (non XL) on both 6x7 and 6x9. I have the older body which allows 25mm of movement. If u need any info give me a call. Regards Paul.

Raven Garrow
10-Jan-2001, 20:26
Can't afford it. : ) Let us know.

Rapahel Zeiher
16-Jan-2001, 10:15
Trevor,

Take a look at Michael Reichmanns Page http://www.luminous-landscape.com

You will find a short review http://www.luminous-landscape.com/arcbody.htm

Matt sampson
18-Jan-2001, 17:24
Yes it is a minature view camera I had one on loan and loved it, didn't want to give it back. It really works. You can't hand hold but why would you want to? all the movements you need are there and the fresnel system is excellent. It made me wonder why I was lugging around a 5X4. Hasselblad really got it right with this camera. The main drawback is the price. The Silvestri T30 would be the nearest alternative and would allow you to shoot 6X9/6X12, but isn't quite the same animal. The Arc was reviewed in View Camera not too long ago. If you can find an index perhaps you could track it down.

Matt

adam mC8rk
19-Jan-2001, 06:25
"all the movements you need are there and the fresnel system is excellent."

You only have movements in one direction at a time. I often use both horizontal and vertical movements at the same time. And yes the the fresnel system is excellent, I use it on my Linhof M679.

Regards