PDA

View Full Version : Bergamot Station, Santa Monica

QT Luong
15-Apr-2008, 12:21
For those familiar with Bergamot Station would you think of it as a good place to open a gallery/store representing one photographer and one painter ?

BrianShaw
15-Apr-2008, 13:28
I have never been there, but a retired former boss friend of mine has been contemplating opening a gallery there. If he thinks it is a good place to even think about then I'm sure the answer to your question would be "yes."

Jim Galli
15-Apr-2008, 13:40
When I am in Los Angeles and have time to kill it always comes to mind. Peter Fetterman is there and has been a consistent draw as others come and go, a very reliable and noteworthy constant for the photo gallery scene in So. Cal.

domenico Foschi
15-Apr-2008, 13:57
The bergamot station has been and still is an important area where to go and see art in general, but recently downtown Los ANgeles has gained momentum and it seems that most of the art activity is concentrated in that area.

Edwin Beckenbach
15-Apr-2008, 15:48
Probably the best place on the westside....I've been told the waiting list for a lease is very long but that was secondhand information so I don't really know.

steve simmons
15-Apr-2008, 15:59
The Craig Krull Gallery is another fixture at this location and Craig is a first class guy.

Asher Kelman
15-Apr-2008, 16:02
It's certainly a good spot, although the area around SM Blvd by the junction with Beverly hills, is equally or even more prestigious!

I'd be interested to chat about this over some good English tea!

Asher

Asher Kelman
15-Apr-2008, 16:09
No thanks. I have known Craig for many years and he has represernted some of the very best. I stand by what I said.

steve simmons

Steve,

I know nothing of Craig! Quoted you in error! Tea is still avaialble!

Asher Kelman
16-Apr-2008, 00:33
Bergamot Station is a fine location. There is some regular traffic but one needs a lot of marketing unless one arrives with an existing client base locally. If ones' work already sells and one can transfer to the Bergamot location existing rental space expenses, then one might do well. There are people visiting that area every day and sometimes they wander around and visit an unkown store. More often, I believe, people visit because they received a notice of an opening or already follow the artist.

If there is anything I could check for you, let me know, I'd be delighted to help.

Asher