PDA

View Full Version : Ilford's ULF Film run

Robert Skeoch
11-Apr-2008, 16:09
It's time for the Ilford Ultra Large Format Film run.
I was informed by Ilford that it's time for the springs ULF film run. Orders can be taken until the cutoff date in June... I don't know the final date yet but will post it when I do. I don't have the shipping dates yet either but will post those when I find out also.
You can see the choices of sizes on my website under Films/Paper/Chem.

-Rob
www.bigcameraworkshops.com

eddie
11-Apr-2008, 16:54
cool! are the prices the same if we pre order or not? by pre ordering we just get exactly what we want. am i understanding this completely? only an inquiry. i will need some "odd" sizes this year.

thanks

eddie

Robert Skeoch
11-Apr-2008, 17:13
It was explained to me like this... they hope to fill orders for all the sizes but don't expect to carry any inventory above what is pre-ordered.
In the past we were able to order outside the "ULF Run" window if they had stock... my understanding is that will no longer be the case.... unless a store just buys a few boxes for stock.
Prices are the same.
-rob

Sal Santamaura
11-Apr-2008, 18:56
Rob, I don't see special sizes of Delta 100 offered. Simon Galley had promised to seriously consider doing that and I committed to ordering a substantial quantity of it in 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 if Ilford did. I hope you just forgot to include the Delta 100. :)

Robert Skeoch
11-Apr-2008, 20:16
It wasn't on my list but I'll ask on Monday.

Pete Roody
14-Apr-2008, 06:17
Rob,

Will Ilford cut a custom ULF size not listed on your website? I assume there would be a minimum order size if they did. Any contact info would be appreciated.

Pete

Colin Graham
14-Apr-2008, 06:32
Simon Galley has posted some info over on APUG (http://www.apug.org/forums/forum172/49441-ilford-photo-2008-ulf-run.html). Looks like no delta...But on the bright side, it looks as if they're committing to cutting small orders, so people don't have to pony-up life savings to meet minimums.

Robert Skeoch
15-Apr-2008, 06:05
As mentioned above there is no Delta 100 in this years program. I haven't heard back yet about the special sizes that people might want.
-rob

Robert Skeoch
16-Apr-2008, 09:26
I meet with Ilford today regarding the ULF run. My cut-off date is June 15th with product to ship towards the end of the summer.
The plan is to cut enough film to fill the orders without having extra in stock... so if you use film that is part of the special run this is your chance to order it, most likely it wouldn't be available outside this order window.
-Rob