PDA

View Full Version : Sinar shutter on non-Sinar cameras ?

Daniel Grenier
4-Apr-2008, 03:21
Both my cameras (Wisner 7x17 and Wista 8x10) use Sinar lensboards. Since I have a couple lenses in barrel, I'm wondering if the camera-mounted Sinar shutters could fit my cameras or are they a special Sinar fit only ?

Thanks - Daniel

Ken Lee
4-Apr-2008, 06:42
Yes, they follow the Sinar standard for connecting bellows. The bellows fits the rear of the shutter which has a locking mechanism, and the front of the shutter attaches to the back of the forward standard, and snaps into the locking mechanism there.

A good craftsperson could probably make an pair of adaptors for you: one for the rear, where the bellows attach, and another for the front, which will need to sit behind the forward standard.

Helen Bach
4-Apr-2008, 07:10
Couldn't you reverse the shutter and mount it in front of the front standard?

Best,
Helen

Daniel Grenier
4-Apr-2008, 07:18
Yes, they follow the Sinar standard for connecting bellows. The bellows fits the rear of the shutter which has a locking mechanism, and the front of the shutter attaches to the back of the forward standard, and snaps into the locking mechanism there.

A good craftsperson could probably make an pair of adaptors for you: one for the rear, where the bellows attach, and another for the front, which will need to sit behind the forward standard.

Got it, Ken, thanks. Might work for my Wisner as the bellows are removable but the Wista's glued in so it might not be so easy. Maybe I'll see what Richard Ritter could do with this.