PDA

View Full Version : C-41 in Jobo

John H. Henderson
2-Jan-2001, 17:53
OK...So I want to experiment with C-41 processing 4x5 with my Jobo. I took adva ntage of Jobo's "first time buyer half-price" deal and ordered the Tetenal C-41 kit.

Now the instructions refer only to 35mm film, and say that you can process four batches for a total of twelve 36-exposure rolls - which implies 3 rolls per batc h. And they give the time adjustment for each batch. I usually assume that 1 3 5 exposure roll of 135 ~= 4 4x5" sheets.

I also infer that the instructions assume that you are using the entire liter (l itre) when processing a batch. The problem is that my tank really won't hold mo re that about 300 ml, and 270 ml is considered the minimum for proper coverage. (This is using one reel with a maximum of 6 sheets).

So what do I do? Can I develop in 300 ml and go one shot? Develop in 300 ml, p our the used developer back into the 1l batch and follow adjustment times. (Exc ept that I have a max of 6 sheets per batch and a batch according to the directi ons would be more like 12.)

What if I want to run less than 6 sheets?

I would like to know what other do.

Bill Jefferson
3-Jan-2001, 03:48
Hi John,

I also use jobo equipment, and do only one shot withthe minimum amount of solution and have good results. i use 120, 35mm, 4x5, and 2x3. Bill

Pete Caluori
3-Jan-2001, 15:42
Greetings,

There are two thing to be concerned with: 1) the minimum amount of chemistry needed for the particular tank and 2) the maximum amount of film per volume of chemistry. Your assumption that 1 135x36 roll ~= 4 4x5 sheets is correct, the rest is simple math. Like Bill, I process 135 through 8x10 in a JOBO and always use the chemistry single shot - it works great.

Regards,

kalum
17-Feb-2007, 14:34
Hi,
I am new for develping & printing with jobo ATL 1000, Could you tell me how to prepared chemical for C-41 And Color Printing.
Thank You
Kalum Perera