PDA

View Full Version : INVITATION TO SOUTH AFRICA

Snowy Smith
4-Mar-2001, 08:13
INVITATION TO SOUTH AFRICA. Are there any Large Format Photographers who would like to visit South Africa? Preferably Landscape Photographers but not necessarily. I am offering my home as accommodation for free for the duration of your stay. I live in a Quality apartment block with splendid views of the hole of Durban an d the sea. I have reasonable transport. I am white, male, 55 years young, divorced, very fit, and regularly go Mountain Backpacking with my cameras. Within 200 kilometers of my home there is one of the most spectacular mountain r anges in South Africa. The DRAKENSBERG Mountain Range basically stretches from the Cape to Harrismith a distance of more than 1000 Kilometers. I belong to the Mountain Backpackers Club and have been climbing mountains since I was 12 years old. I still discover new and exciting places every year. Magnificent sunrises and sunsets. Bushman Paintings. The views are spectacular n ot to mention the incredible lightning storms that run along the mountains. Bring plenty film you will need it. Remember that the South African money is very weak against the Dollar or Pound s o you can have a fantastic holiday at very little cost. The catch. There is no catch all I would like to do is meet other large format Photographer s and do what I like best. There are also Game Ranges and Flowers in the Namib Desert to Photograph if you like. If you are interested kindly contact me, Best Regards, Snowy Smith SNOWY SMITH PHOTOGRAPHY. Established 1969. Mountain climbing, etc. etc. Mountain Landscape Photography Medium and Large format photography. 35mm, 6x7 cm, 4x5 inch, 8x10 inch Colour and Black & White E-mail Snowy <snowy@netactive.co.za > P.O. Box 3021 Durban, Republic of South Africa, 4000. Tel. 031-2018877 Fax. 031-2018877 Cell 082-964-8877

Snowy Smith
9-Mar-2001, 14:10
DRAKENSBERG MOUNTAIN PARADISE PHOTOGRAPHY, BACKPACKING & HIKING IN THE DRAKENSBERG

The Drakensberg mountain range extends for 350 kms along the western border of Kwalulu﷓Natal, South Africa and soars to an average height of nearly 3000 metres. It is the source of many great rivers, and contains a number of fragile ecosystems, making it one of SA's most important conservation areas. Almost the entire area is a protected park, a paradise of well﷓marked trails with patches of indigenous yellowwood forest and clear mountain streams. Wildlife is abundant, with a variety of antelope and other small mammals, and numerous bird species including the magnificent birds of prey. Trout fishing in rivers and dams is excellent. The San hunter﷓gatherers lived on these mountain slopes from about 8 000 years ago until the mid 1800s, and left behind a treasure trove of rock paintings to explore. The Berg is a hikers paradise with well﷓marked trails hugging the contour of the slopes or zigzagging up steep passes to the top of the escarpment. Hikers can take easy strolls or undertake major excursions and rock climbs with nights spent in caves or hikers' puts (which need to be pre﷓booked). All hikers should be prepared for extreme changes in the weather. The views are stunning and a Photographers Dream.

For more info e-mail me your postal address and I will send you some booklets to wet your appetite. (No charge, Free)

OKESOLA.FRANKLINEMMANUEL
10-Mar-2004, 05:23
SIR, i am a team potograher, i work with team of four making us to be five.we work with non govt. as a professions. i as the team leader. i will appreciate to be in south africa with my team to tap more experience from a old professional like you. i hope u will not esitata to give me the great oppourtunity thanks

Snowy Smith
15-Sep-2007, 09:56
Dear Friends,
I see my contact details have changed.
My offer is still open to all photographers.
E-mail: snowy1s@yahoo.com
Snowy Smith Photography,
P.O. Box 3021, Durban, South Africa, 4000.
Tel: 031-3040987,
Cell: 082-964-8877,
Mountain Landscape Photography.
Established 1969.
Medium and Large format photography.
35mm, 6x7 cm, 4x5 inch, 8x10 inch.
Colour and Black & White.
Action eXtreme Sports Photography.
Surfing, Skateboarding, Under Water, Diving, BMX,
eXtreme Sports, Motor Sport, Mountain climbing, etc.
Come hike with me in the fantastic Drakensberg Mountains.
All the best from,

Snowy Smith.

Zach In Israel
16-Sep-2007, 11:30
I wish, I do night sky photography and would love to be able to spend time photographing the southern milky way and the LMC/SMC etc.

But there is no way I could afford it.