PDA

View Full Version : Trekking to ABQ for my break next week...who's out that way?

nelsonfotodotcom
10-Mar-2008, 23:33
Trekking to ABQ for my break next week...who's out that way?

I have a few members on my forums in that area, and along I-40 en route. Would be happy to put face to name with any who has time, and it would please me well to take your portrait while we're at it.

Will probably leave on Sunday, arriving ABQ that evening, or perhaps Monday after stopping in Tucumcari. The latter depends on whether or not my contact there pans out.

Not looking to bog folks down with extravagant shooting scenarios. Folks are busy, this I understand. My gal and her son might be driving out separately; her father is a long-time employee at Menaul, so we've made this trip before. I may run up to Golden, CO after NM, so that will free her to return home with the boy, and not be tied to my plans.

Amarillo might be a stop as well, for food, a stretch, etc.

Drop me a PM with contact info if you are keen on the idea.

C.

nelsonfotodotcom
11-Mar-2008, 08:55
OK, the trip is a go. Have had some feedback from others and it should be a good journey.

If any has or is a contact point for JP Witkin, I would be very interested in sitting the artist for a portrait. I'll be traveling lightly, single RB67, usually in hand, no strobes, a slab or two of foamcore for bounce as needed. I work quickly. Figure, fifteen minutes to an half an hour tops. Please advise via PM or e-mail.

Thanks,
Craig

nelsonfotodotcom
12-Mar-2008, 09:28
Looks like I will now be headed north to Denver after ABQ, then homeward along I-70, back down 71 into Arkansas. Any along this route up for a meet should contact me. I anticipate being in Denver by Wednesday, moving through KS on Thursday, Friday at latest.