PDA

View Full Version : obscure question for the evening

clay harmon
21-Jan-2008, 21:58
My Pentax digital spotmeter lost all of the tiny little screws that hold the small retaining/aperture window guide ring encircling the outside 1/4 inch or so of the lens.

I guess vibrations from carrying it around in car did them in.

Question is this: does anyone happen to know the size and thread pitch of these little buggers?

Seems crazy to send it in for a repair when all I need are the screws themselves and a brief hiatus from coffee consumption.

John Schneider
21-Jan-2008, 22:51
Start with a good hobby shop -- they should carry down to 1-72 or 0-80. If those are too big, or if you need metric screws, McMaster-Carr has down to 000-120 or M1.

Bruce Watson
22-Jan-2008, 06:47
Question is this: does anyone happen to know the size and thread pitch of these little buggers?
Ask Richard Ritter (http://www.lg4mat.net/). He repairs / calibrates them. Excellent work and quick turnaround. He might well be willing to sell you the screws too.

Ted Harris
22-Jan-2008, 07:16
Richard Ritter .... www.lg4mat.net ..... probably has boxes full of hem.

al olson
22-Jan-2008, 07:31
You might try the fasteners aisle in your local hardware store. I lost a couple of very small metric screws from my Linhof viewfinder. I despaired in being able to find replacements, but measured them with a caliper, estimated the pitch, and found identical screws at my local dealer.

Nate Battles
22-Jan-2008, 08:22
Once, you find some replacement screws, I would recommend using some Loctite or other brand of thread locking material. Then they won't fall out again.