PDA

View Full Version : Problems with durst 8x10 enlarger

pruts
21-Jan-2008, 01:23
I bought an enlarger (old grey metal-model). The first time the motor took the colorhead up. There it ended. The motor will not bring the head down again. The motor is still OK. I suppose There is something wrong for changing the direction the motor will turn. Can someone help me? I am not an electrician !!!

resummerfield
21-Jan-2008, 10:33
Durst made several 8x10 models: the older silver-grey L184 that had manual controls but could be fitted with motors for the head elevation and focus, and the newer brown-grey L1840 which was fully electric. Look at your enlarger closely—are there 2 chrome vertical columns supporting the head, or is the column enclosed in sheet metal?

It sounds like your problem is with the control circuitry. Do you have a remote keypad to try? I would remove all the connection plugs from all the motors and controllers, check for any corrosion and then re-connect the plugs and seat them fully.

Gudmundur Ingolfsson
21-Jan-2008, 10:50
On the side of the bellows there is a remot control unit called FOMOT 184 and there is a plug with many pins that is disconnected. If that is not the remedy contact
Jensen-Optical.us

Geary Lyons
21-Jan-2008, 11:26
I had to rewire the switching on my 184. On mine, there are two motors, one for focus and one for raising or lowering the head unit. I have a small wired remote for focus and a main larger unit that containing all of the relays and the head switches. The remote triggers the relays in the control unit which powers the focus motor. The original cable was overly heavy resulting in fatigue breaks. Depending on your relay configuration, this may be an issue.

If the motor works, you need to test that the remote/relay switch is sending a signal to the head motor. Some of the motors have on board switches, if yours does, try those rather than the remote switches. Also check to make sure that the moter/column interface is not jammed.

Good luck!
Geary

pruts
22-Jan-2008, 10:39
Durst made several 8x10 models: the older silver-grey L184 that had manual controls but could be fitted with motors for the head elevation and focus, and the newer brown-grey L1840 which was fully electric. Look at your enlarger closely—are there 2 chrome vertical columns supporting the head, or is the column enclosed in sheet metal?

It sounds like your problem is with the control circuitry. Do you have a remote keypad to try? I would remove all the connection plugs from all the motors and controllers, check for any corrosion and then re-connect the plugs and seat them fully.

YES it is an older L184 with motor and a small greybox with an electric rod to the motor to controll the movement of the enlarger (up and down).

Thanks,

Marc