PDA

View Full Version : Non-panoramic diptychs -- got any?

Vaughn
17-Jan-2008, 23:47
Of course I do...that's why I'm asking, of course. Plenty of panoramic diptychs out there...start your own thread;)

Indian Canyon, Ladder, Yosemite National Park
Two Type 55 negs
Almost panoramic, both taken in Indian Canyon. This is how the telephone cable leaves the Valley and heads towards the East (I think). The ladder is to access the cable for repairs.

Colin Graham
18-Jan-2008, 09:11
Nice one Vaughn. Or nice two, I guess I should say.

Jim Jirka
18-Jan-2008, 09:49
Nice Vaughn. Sometimes they leave the darndest things in places. Here is mine.

Bruce Schultz
18-Jan-2008, 11:32
2 members of The Figs, an old-time band from Louisiana, done on tintypes.

www.tintypesforever.com

Vaughn
18-Jan-2008, 11:51
Nice Vaughn. Sometimes they leave the darndest things in places. Here is mine.

Good ones, Jim. The color works well creating a sense of Place. And the repeated forms plays tricks on the eyes and forces one to pay attention to what is going on. Almost a panoramic, but with a twist.

The ladders in Indian Canyon are bolted to the granite. Two of my boys and I climbed up them last April and it started to snow on us. Coming down them was scary...it would be quite a fall, and the metal was getting very very cold on our bare hands!

I took the photos about 12 years ago (before kids). I don't think I could get my 8x10 up those ladders (4x5 with the pod strapped to the camera pack is probably doable for me...but it is quite the climb for sea level lungs)!

Vaughn

jnantz
18-Jan-2008, 18:03

sparq
18-Jan-2008, 18:29
Totally pointless, but far from panoramic ...

domenico Foschi
18-Jan-2008, 21:17
I already posted this in another thread, but it fits...

http://i27.tinypic.com/2jan5he.jpg

Vaughn
18-Jan-2008, 23:48
[QUOTE=domenico Foschi;310897]I already posted this in another thread, but it fits.../QUOTE]

Thanks! I had not seen them. Wonderful images -- work great together.

Vaughn