PDA

View Full Version : That "Oh shit!" moment captured

Dan Schwartz
15-Jan-2008, 09:28
If a picture is worth a thousand words...

http://www.FoxNewsCritic.com/photos/AS480-caption.jpg

Photo courtesy of Joshua Lynn

Patrik Roseen
15-Jan-2008, 10:01
Oh, that's great... Wonderful (If that's OK considering how you must have felt at the time?)

Scott --
15-Jan-2008, 10:19
Looks like he's caught mid-utterance, too... :D

Dan Schwartz
15-Jan-2008, 10:44
Yup... And the look on my face is something only another LF shooter would understand, too!:rolleyes:

Looks like he's caught mid-utterance, too... :D

vinny
15-Jan-2008, 11:25
I think the kid on the right in the white shirt get's it too.

alec4444
15-Jan-2008, 20:25
Great photo. Someone was saying something the other day about wood holders being just as good as plastic / metal ones. This photo begs to differ.

I love the had; and the expression is timeless!

David A. Goldfarb
15-Jan-2008, 22:06
Hah!

I use the same flash setup with my Technika.

Dan Schwartz
16-Jan-2008, 08:16
Yes, but do you have the balls to use wooden film holders?!:D

Hah!

I use the same flash setup with my Technika.

David A. Goldfarb
16-Jan-2008, 09:07
Grafmatics and Kinematics usually. That way if something goes wrong, I'll have six or ten septums flying through the air, so someone can take a dramatic photo.

chilihead
17-Jan-2008, 07:24
The hell with Dopey and his hooped holder, the gorgeous tall blond in the center is all I can see!!!

alec4444
17-Jan-2008, 07:52
In looking at this photo again, and thinking about the 4x5 handheld experience, one has to wonder if 4" rollfilm wouldn't have been a better approach. Sure you lose the ability to develop each shot differently, but I'd sacrifice that to avoid dealing with pulling darkslides in and out and carrying an ass-load of holders.... Too bad they don't have an option for that.....although maybe we can get Galli to cut down his 8" circut film for us! :)

--A

Frank Petronio
17-Jan-2008, 08:42
You can get those nice Linhof aerial film cassettes in 70mm... some wealthy Euro was shooting them on an Alpa, it was a pretty slick set-up.

SamReeves
17-Jan-2008, 11:18
If a picture is worth a thousand words...

http://www.FoxNewsCritic.com/photos/AS480-caption.jpg

Photo courtesy of Joshua Lynn

This is priceless! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/laughing013.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Jorge Gasteazoro
17-Jan-2008, 15:02
Dan, my friend...your priorities are skewed.... You got a great looking blond next to you and you are fiddling with a technika and film holders?!?.... Put the camera down and step away from it! You need deprogramming.. :D

Dan Schwartz
18-Jan-2008, 18:19
I have Graflex 5x4 roll film holder... But I think they quit making 5" film for it not long after it was made in the 1920's or so.

I tried 70mm in a Graflex RH-50; but that's like masturbating when you use it on a 4x5 Speed Graphic!

In looking at this photo again, and thinking about the 4x5 handheld experience, one has to wonder if 4" rollfilm wouldn't have been a better approach. Sure you lose the ability to develop each shot differently, but I'd sacrifice that to avoid dealing with pulling darkslides in and out and carrying an ass-load of holders.... Too bad they don't have an option for that.....although maybe we can get Galli to cut down his 8" circut film for us! :)

--A

Dan Fromm
19-Jan-2008, 09:13
Dan, my friend...your priorities are skewed.... You got a great looking blond next to you and you are fiddling with a technika and film holders?!?.... Put the camera down and step away from it! You need deprogramming.. :DJoprge, have your vision checked. Speed Graphic, not a Linhof.

rwyoung
19-Jan-2008, 09:37
Jorge was distracted by the background...

jimi-the-jive
9-Apr-2008, 15:38
sorry theres a women in that photo? all i saw was the S.G. in immaculate condition, do you condition? the leather that is :)

Dan Schwartz
9-Apr-2008, 15:46
sorry theres a women in that photo? all i saw was the S.G. in immaculate condition, do you condition? the leather that is :)

I use Fantastic to clean off the grunge when a new Speed or Crown comes in; then I follow it up with black shoe polish.