PDA

View Full Version : Creo Eversmart on Ebay

Kirk Gittings
9-Jan-2008, 20:39
There is a Creo Eversmart flatbed scanner vintage 1998 on Ebay that might give good service to a 4x5 shooter (who doesn't print huge) or an 8x10 or 11x14 shooter. It gives 2520 dpi of real resolution over a 12x17 bed. It includes a Mac to run the software and monitor. Genesis sells this scanner alone refurbished for $3,000. It uses the older (pre oXYgen) software which is serviceable. The buy it now price is $2500 plus shipping (there is a reserve) so it might go for much less. Genesis tells me that this scanner is very similar in construction to my later Eversmart Jazz+ and unfortunately with 8 bit output like mine (and Sandy Kings Eversmart Pro, a disadvantage that can be worked around largerly successfully, allot of very serviceable older 8 bit drum scanners are around).

I can't tell how much service it has seen. It says it was used in high end graphics studio which sounds like light use, but if it was at a newspaper or such it could have seen some heavy action and on its last legs. Check it out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160197282977&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123