52 What Scheimpflg Didn’t Tell You
by Everett Weinreb
60 ULF Film Holders: The Current State of Affairs
by Michael Mutmansky
64 The 7 x 17 Project: Part 2
Photographs and Text by Steve Simmons

steve simmons
2-Jan-2008, 16:08
Here is the cover for the January/February 08 issue.

steve

djkloss
4-Jan-2008, 05:23
looking forward to it! thanks!

steve simmons
14-Jan-2008, 08:53
As a bonus to the Jan/Feb issue subscribers we will have an evaluation of the new T-Max 400 up in the Subscriber's Section in 2-3 weeks.

Subscriber's will have the entry password to the Subscriber's Section on the View Camera web site on the front cover of their magazine when it arrives.

In future issues, possibly March/April, we will have portfolios from Joe Cornish and Per Volquarts.

I am proud to say that we are in our 21st year of publication and have never missed an issue.

steve simmons

David Spivak-Focus Magazine
14-Jan-2008, 09:01
I am proud to say that we are in our 21st year of publication and have never missed an issue.

steve simmons

Congratulations, Steve.

I'm about to enter year #4. Does it get easier, yet?

Eric Biggerstaff
14-Jan-2008, 09:03
Congrats Steve! That is a great record and one to be very proud of.

Look forward to seeing the current issue (usually arrives today!).

Thanks,

Jorge Gasteazoro
14-Jan-2008, 09:12
That is a record to be proud of .... congratulations.

John Kasaian
14-Jan-2008, 09:14
Congratulations! The latest edition of View Camera is something I always look foreward to, and past editions are something I keep handy and reread over...and over!

Ron Marshall
14-Jan-2008, 09:40
As always, looking forward to the latest edition. Thanks!

Capocheny
14-Jan-2008, 09:50
Hello Steve,

Am looking forward to sitting down with a glass or two of good French vino rouge and reading the current edition.

Am REALLY, REALLY looking forward to reading/seeing the articles on Joe Cornish and Per Volquartz. I'm sure lots of folks are anticipating the Per Volquartz article/pictures since he's met a good number of readers over the years through his workshops... and we're looking forward to seeing Per again when he comes up here to Vancouver! :)

Congratulations on your 21st Anniversary and thanks for the great reading over the years!

Cheers

Merg Ross
14-Jan-2008, 09:57
Congratulations, Steve. Indeed, a record to be proud of. Wishing you continued success.

Brad Rippe
14-Jan-2008, 16:22
Thanks and congratulations Steve. You are producing an incredible body of information.

-Brad

Charles Hohenstein
15-Jan-2008, 06:41
I've been watching for this issue at my local Barnes & Noble, but I haven't seen it yet.

Mark Sawyer
16-Jan-2008, 11:56

steve simmons

My congratulations as well, Steve! At 126 issues and counting, you've definitely earned a spot of distinction in the photography world.

And your publication is at last old enough to buy beer!

steve simmons
21-Jan-2008, 15:44
After all the praise we’ve received recently about the improvements in our editing I need to apologize ahead of time for the Jan/Feb 08 issue. There are several problems.

1. The article listings on the TOC page are out of order in one place (the page numbers are correct

2. There are some typos scattered throughout the issue.

3. The article on Scheimpflug has the example photos badly cropped and the effects of the movements are hard to see.

I’ll spare the long explanation but suffice to say that we made and sent the corrections to the printer but they did not get to the press. It was done over the holidays and some of the printing company’s staff was on vacation and the right hand did not talk to the left hand.

As the publisher the buck stops at my desk and I do apologize. Luckily, all of the portfolio pieces seem fine and the printing quality is actually very good in this issue. Two of the portfolios have very delicate light tones as a major part of each image and these printed beautifully.

The piece most affected is the article What Scheimpflug Didn’t Tell You. To try and make up for this I will post the corrected version, (which was corrected over the holidays and sent to the printer!!!!BTW), in the Free Articles section of the View Camera web site. Give us a day to get this up.

Again. I apologize.

Steve Simmons

Eric Biggerstaff
21-Jan-2008, 16:20
Thanks for the heads up Steve, mistakes happen of course. I am looking very forward to seeing the issue.

alec4444
21-Jan-2008, 17:52
Steve: Will send you a PM with a subscription question...I'm subscribed but haven't received this first issue.

Thanks!
--A

BarryS
21-Jan-2008, 17:57
I don't think the Jan/Feb issue has been sent out yet. It sounds like Steve just reviewed the press run, so I expect we'll be seeing them soon.

steve simmons
21-Jan-2008, 18:01
Yes, they went out already. We got our advance copies last week but I was out of town and just saw them this morning.

steve

BrianShaw
21-Jan-2008, 18:46
Wow, Steve, I'll bet that was a surprise! I still can't wait to receive my copy. It probably will be in tommorrow's mail. That always seems to happen if I post a message here saying that I'm still anxiously awaiting it.

al olson
22-Jan-2008, 07:50
Keep 'em rolling, Steve!

My reading list has been narrowed to two photography magazines that are worth reading. The rest, I feel, have abandoned photography. Sadly I was not aware of View Camera for your first 16 years. I always look forward to receiving each issue.

Maretzo
22-Jan-2008, 09:53
Hi Steve,
I renewed my subscription for the pdf version on January 1, 00h01, and I did not receive the password for the year 2008 and it appears that http://www.viewcamera.com/vcinternational/index.html
is not working. The pdf is not yet ready for the unfortunate expatriates?
Cheers, Serge

steve simmons
22-Jan-2008, 09:58
send a note to

amiles@viewcamera.com

and she will get this fixed.

thanks

steve

PS
we just checked and it is working. But e-mail her to get the password.