PDA

View Full Version : Poking around for a while now!!!

tim810
23-Dec-2007, 22:51
Hi everyone,
As my title says I have been poking around for a while now: posting a few threads for information, and adding a few comments and opinions to existing threads.

About me: I am a Math and Education student in Connecticut. I would love to teach traditional Photography at some point in my career. For now, school is my main focus. Photography is a passion that gets time when time is allowed.

My photography projects:
I have been photographing for as long as I can remember. I started using LF about 3-4 years ago. I started with a Sinar F1 and 65 Schneider. Soon after, I came across a Cambo 8x10 and a 240 Caltar. At the moment the 810 is the only camera and lens I use. I might purchase a Holga this winter to give me some portability. I am working on building a 12x20 camera back that will attach to my Cambo. It should be done in Feb. The 12x20 format is something I have been dreaming of for quite some time now. I like the dimensions, and contact printing is the way most of my printing is done. I like the depth and control that you have with contact printing. This spring I am going to have a Camera Obscura exhibit in a small gallery here in Willimantic CT. Also, this spring I am going to start working on a obtaining a method for carbon printing (I have found Sandy King's article very helpful in obtaining this method). These projects seem to just keep going. I never know when one will end and the next one will begin

As for my photography I tend to gravitate toward unused and unwanted things. Abandoned mills, graffiti, Piano's, etc... I guess that my vision comes from wherever I live. Since I live in a city that is trying to build itself up and seems to be taking one step forward and two steps back in this struggle, I am trying to find the beauty entangled in this struggle. Some of my images can be seen on my webpage. The essay that I wrote to accompany this project "Things Forgotten" is also on my webpage. I would appreciate any comments or criticisms.

This is a great forum, Thank you for all your help.

Thank you

Tim

Vaughn
23-Dec-2007, 23:13
Howdy Tim!

I am also using an 8x10 with dreams of a larger, panoramic format someday...thought 7x17 would suit me fine.

Sandy's carbon article is great...lots of solid info and one could start making prints from it. It is a wonderful process.

I have a few carbon images here:

http://bostick-sullivan.invisionzone.com/index.php?automodule=gallery&req=sc&cat=1

When you get started making carbons, the above is also a good forum to tap into for help and information.

Vaughn

John Kasaian
23-Dec-2007, 23:18
Welcome! I shoot mostly 8x10 as well. You picked a great place to hang out.

tim810
26-Dec-2007, 05:55
Thank you for the info on the alt process webpage. It looks like it will be a good place for info. I am actually organizing an order for chemicals and I am going to start working on stuff next week. I can't wait.. Well Its a beautiful morning and I am actually awake, so it's time to do some shooting!!
Tim

gregstidham
30-Dec-2007, 09:07
Welcome to the forum. :)