PDA

View Full Version : Semi Gloss problem...

Fuzquia
21-Dec-2007, 08:03
I am printing on Xativa semi gloss (210) but seem to be getting blotches on the print. I use the 'photo semi gloss paper' media type when printing. Best way to describe is on lips for example it looks like there are scabs on them!

The photo prints perfectly when using Xativa Glossy (240) on the 'photo glossy paper' media type setting.

Therefore is the problem due to the weight of the paper? Are the media types for a certain weight of paper only? If so can i change the weight to 210?

I had this problem before but i was simply using the wrong media type. I want to use semi gloss media type as this image has to be printed on semi gloss paper. I also tried the premium 'semi gloss photo paper' setting but still the same problem. 'Glossy-Paper photo weight' is also far worse when I try it.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Ed Richards
21-Dec-2007, 08:39
Type of printer?

Fuzquia
21-Dec-2007, 09:25
Hi Ed,

Sorry how stupid not to mention this!

It's an Epson 9600.

false_Aesthetic
21-Dec-2007, 09:51
Can we see a scan of the scabs?

Fuzquia
21-Dec-2007, 12:08
Hi false_Aesthetic,

This was my first print which as you can see is quite bad! I have improved on this greatly after messing around with the paper weight of the media type options (6,7,8 & 9 in thickness), but I still can't get rid of it completely to produce a perfect print?

Anyone any ideas what else could be wrong?

http://www.mattscanvas.co.uk/Scabs.jpg