PDA

View Full Version : Camera store in Albuquerque

BrianShaw
16-Dec-2007, 10:08
Late in January I'll be on business travel to Albuquerque, but will manage to find some spare time for photography and looking (hopefully, not buying too much) through camera stores.

The internet has introduced me to Curt's Camera Corral and Camera-and-Darkroom. Are there any others worth checking out.

I'll probably need only 35mm B&W film while there; maybe some 120. But just in case, where is best source of 4x5?

davidb
16-Dec-2007, 10:13
Those are the only two here.

They both have a fair amount of used gear but all priced above ebay and other places.

35mm and 120 Film will available. 4x5 will be sparce.

BrianShaw
16-Dec-2007, 10:19
Thanks for the info. I guess I should plan ahead and bring my own film if I take a 4x5!

Kirk Gittings
16-Dec-2007, 11:49
Carl's Darkroom is where I buy almost all of my film. They are both Kodak and Fuji dealers. They are the only ones who stock allot of 4x5 and frankly stock the most professional films in town.

al olson
16-Dec-2007, 12:58
How is Carl's Darkroom for chemicals? Camera & Darkroom in Santa Fe is very, very sparse and they told me that the Albuquerque store is just as unlikely.

Can you tell me where Carl's Darkroom is located in terms of an intersection of major streets? I venture into ABQ on occasion so this would be useful to know.

davidb
16-Dec-2007, 13:17
I don't think Carl's sells any chemistry.

But in Santa Fe is the http://www.santafecameracenter.com/

They are very well stocked with film, paper and chemistry.

BrianShaw
16-Dec-2007, 13:17
Thanks Kirk. I did see them but thought from their web site that they were processing only. Looks like a good option!

Al - looking at Mapquest puts them on Quincy (just north of I-40), just west of San Mateo.

nelsonfotodotcom
16-Dec-2007, 15:15
ABQ... Rudy's BBQ... I need to head west again, soon.

Brian Schall
16-Dec-2007, 16:08
I didn't double check their site, but Carl's is only open on Mon., Tues. and Thurs. for a half day each. Curt's have a fair amount of chemicals, not an extensive selection but enough to do what ever you need. When I worked there 9 years ago, the selection was about the same.

Abd Craig, you need to go to The County Line for BBQ, up at the far end of Tramway.

BrianShaw
16-Dec-2007, 17:10
Hmmm, County Line - why not Mr. Powdrell's? Or the place by Menual and Carlisle - ya' know... big pile of meat and a bigger pile of white bread?

nelsonfotodotcom
16-Dec-2007, 18:10
Krista and I are together once more, so chances are I'll be out your way at some point. We should definitely meet up, shoot a few, and find some BBQ.

C.

I didn't double check their site, but Carl's is only open on Mon., Tues. and Thurs. for a half day each. Curt's have a fair amount of chemicals, not an extensive selection but enough to do what ever you need. When I worked there 9 years ago, the selection was about the same.

Abd Craig, you need to go to The County Line for BBQ, up at the far end of Tramway.