PDA

View Full Version : Glycin supplier.

Tony Lakin
5-Dec-2007, 15:10
Hi
Anyone know where I can obtain supplies of glycin in the UK or maybe a supplier in the US who would ship at reasonable cost, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tony

David Karp
5-Dec-2007, 16:37
I think Photographer's Formulary sells it. Don't know about the shipping cost though.

Keith Pitman
5-Dec-2007, 16:44
The Formulary is having free shipping on orders in December. Oops, just noticed this is UK. Shipping probably is not free that far away.

David Vickery
6-Dec-2007, 10:41
I have no idea of what it costs to ship stuff to the UK but in the recent past few years, Photographer's Formulary was the only manufacturer, in the US, of Glycin. I don't know if that is still true, and I don't know if anyone in the UK or Europe makes it. But you can order direct from Photographer's Formulary or you can also look at the cost of shipping through Amazon.com. You have to put this stuff in solution fairly quickly after its made, so the best thing to do is get it from PF if you can, so that you know it is fresh..

http://www.amazon.com/Photographers-Formulary-Residual-Glycin-grams/dp/B000B7A1X8/ref=sr_1_37?ie=UTF8&s=photo&qid=1196962503&sr=1-37

Wayne
6-Dec-2007, 22:20
You can freeze the powder too.

Pete Watkins
7-Dec-2007, 08:05
I've got it in my head that Silverprint carried it at one time. It's worth a phone call, they don't list Tannic Acid but I got some from them a while back.
Pete.

Pete Watkins
7-Dec-2007, 09:05
I've done a bit of research. The late lamented Rayco carried it in 2003 but they have shut down now. I have a phone number for the bloke who took over the buisness but it's at least a couple of years ago, but........................
It was 01283-763768, he lived near Swadlincote near Burton upon Trent.
Now the bit you won't like, Rayco listed it at £38-06 for 5 grammes.
Pete.