PDA

View Full Version : Wazzup With Vc Magazine

Herb Cunningham
1-Dec-2007, 17:55
I seem to have continual difficulties getting to the subscriber login on VC Mag.

I faithfully followed the instructions on the latest issue, and the *%$#@*&& thing will not let me on.

I use the user name in the current issue and the number printed on the front cover as a password. Am I doing something wrong?

BrianShaw
1-Dec-2007, 19:04
When you say "latest issue", do you mean the Nov-Dec 2007? In the past I've noticed that the PW changes before I get the new issue... and any attempt at using the old PW leads to frustration. I haven't received the Nov-Dec 2007 issue yet so I can't see if it works for me.

Ted Harris
1-Dec-2007, 19:05
Call Andrea Monday at 1-800-894-8439.

coops
11-Dec-2007, 11:11
I subscribed to the magazine about two months ago. I was hoping that I would be emailed a login so I could access the online stuff. I called and was told in a rather curt tone, that I would have to wait until the first issue arrives before I can access the online info. Nothing has arrived yet, and I will give it another week or two. I don't see why it should be a problem to allow subscribers access, and was not given a reason when I asked.

Eric Biggerstaff
11-Dec-2007, 11:20
Coops,

The way it is set up is there is a new PW with each issue. So, when your issue arrives then the PW will be on it. If it does not arrive soon, let Andrea know at the number Ted provided above and she will help you out.

coops
11-Dec-2007, 11:27
Thanks Eric. Makes sense now.

steve simmons
11-Dec-2007, 11:29
The user ID is always

vcsub

tha password changes every issue and has been printed on the front cover of the subscriber copies for the last several issues.

Since we started this program 3 or more years ago the instructions have been printed on the bottom of each issue's TOC page.

thanks

steve simmons

jetcode
11-Dec-2007, 13:16
tha password changes every issue and has been printed on the front cover of the subscriber copies for the last several issues.

is it possible to email your subscribers with the password so they don't have to wait to receive their issue in the mail?

how do you keep people from getting the password publicly at the newstand?

Eric Biggerstaff
11-Dec-2007, 13:20
Joe,

Unless things have changed, the password is printed on subscribers copies only. Those that go to newstands don't have a password as this site is for subscribers only.

jnantz
11-Dec-2007, 17:32
is it possible to email your subscribers with the password so they don't have to wait to receive their issue in the mail?

how do you keep people from getting the password publicly at the newstand?

its on the address label ..

steve simmons
11-Dec-2007, 17:37
password changes every issue and has been printed on the front cover of the subscriber copies for the last several issues.

steve

D. Bryant
11-Dec-2007, 20:08
One of the reasons I quit subscribing to VC is because the private content (subscriber only) was never updated, at least for a period of a year. Is this section now receiving new content regularly?

Don Bryant

steve simmons
11-Dec-2007, 20:47
Yes, it has been updated and this is a priority for 2008.

steve

D. Bryant
12-Dec-2007, 17:13
Yes, it has been updated and this is a priority for 2008.

steve
That's good to hear Steve, perhaps I will subscribe again instead of purchasing it off the news stand.

Don Bryant

Richard Raymond
17-Dec-2007, 12:11
The password seems to be reset on the first day of the month of the new issue. For example, 01 Nov for the recent Nov/Dec issue. The issue is mailed out in December. Or at least that is when I got mine. Perhaps some change in the password time frame so that it is good through the next issue as well or at least one extra month. Anyway, please consider this possibility until such time as you are able to use your subscription list as a direct logon control. Thanks. Ric

steve simmons
17-Dec-2007, 13:33
The issue is mailed out in December.

It was mailed in early, early November.

Believe me, every publisher in the US wishes they had control of the Post Office.

steve simmons

BrianShaw
17-Dec-2007, 13:43
I don't doubt you Steve, but I never get it before the first week of the second month. If only we could get rid of some of the junk mail maybe periodicals would get delivered faster. That, however, is as much wishful thinking as publishers having any control over the post office!